1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

03 F150 With Boss mounting questions

Discussion in 'Ford Trucks' started by odd1or2even, Feb 22, 2010.

1. odd1or2even

odd1or2even Senior Member

I have an 03 F150 that I have everything to mount the 7'6" Boss straight blade to, but I don't have the nuts and bolts for the mount. I have the 2 L bolts that slip into the truck frame and down through the plow frame to be bolted up. But I don't have the J nuts. I've never heard of them. Any one have any idea on where I can get these? I have located the rest of the bolts.. just don't know about the J nuts. Thanks

2. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

A J nut is nothing more than a horseshoe shaped threaded clip available from most any fastener supply shop. Some bodyshop supply outlets would have them too but not always in 3/8" as 3/8" isn't commonly used on cars/trucks.

Or simply pick them up from a Boss dealer, they're p/n HDW05555 and cost less than $2 each.