1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

03 F150 Supercrew plow questions

Discussion in 'Ford Trucks' started by 03SuperCrew330, Mar 7, 2007.

Am I Crazy?

Poll closed Apr 6, 2007.
  1. Yes you are indeed crazy, get a 250

2 vote(s)
  2. You will be ok, I know plenty of people that do it, just............

1 vote(s)
  1. 03SuperCrew330

03SuperCrew330 Member

I've been lurking for a while posting here and there put I am finally getting a real plow and have some questions.

Truck is: 2003 F150 Supercrew, 5.4L, 4 speed auto, FX4 package, torsion bars cranked up to level out the front, edge evolution tuner, 3.73 limited slip rear, 33,000 miles.

I just purchased a used Curtis snow pro 3000 7.5' plow and wiring. I plan on adding timbrens to the front and balast in the back as recommended, but what else should I do. I know Ford and most people here don't recommend using the CV axle ford F150's for plowing so I have more questions.

I am doing driveways, maybe some small lots but nothing too nasty. The truck came with a small aux oil cooler and a small aux trans cooler should I upgrade either or leave it as it sits.

Can the truck handle this plow? I know the plow is heavy and the truck is light duty but so are the little S10's with full size plows I see around here all the time!

Last question, the truck has a mount for an F250 and I need to find a used one for a 150, they are around 200 so that's a little more expense in the total package.

Should I just get a 250? Am I being retartded trying to plow with my 150? Is god tryijng to tell me to get a 250 because it comes with the mount?

LOL soooo many questions, please help point me in the right direction.

P.S I plowed this winter with an old Snowbear and it worked ok, just got agrevating not being able to effectively backdrag and get under some of the packed snow (tire tracks) that I came up against.

Please help I'm lost...LOL

Before I cranked up the torsion bars.
    Last edited: Mar 7, 2007
  2. Jay brown

Jay brown PlowSite.com Addict

if this is a work truck i would put the plow on it for sure, it should last you a few years without repairs. and yes i would get a 250 or bigger also if your planning on doing small lots, so you'll have a back-up or something that your help can drive. also forgot to mention...nice pickup