1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

03 F150 FX4 With a Blizzard plow

Discussion in 'Truck & Equipment Repair' started by dfdsuperduty, Feb 7, 2007.

1. dfdsuperduty

dfdsuperduty Senior Member

Alright all you mechanics and those who claim to be last night while plowing i was on the 6th 32oz cup of coffee in 12hrs and the last account getting ready to stack some snow, when my truck died never had a problem with it before and this was a light fluffy snow where should i start to look for the problem. I would like to get this fixed before the next snow comes along and the problem possibly gets worse or causes me not to be able to finish my contracts

2. 90plow

90plow Senior Member

Did it start after that?
    -Eric

3. dfdsuperduty

started right up i shut the one mini light bar off and the radio and no problem after that finished the rest of the lot and went home started right up for me this afternoon to

4. SnoFarmer

SnoFarmer PlowSite Fanatic
    from N,E. MN

I know this may be personal but I have to ask, professional reasons.
    How big is your key chain?:D

You may have caught with your sleeve or something as you were shifting
    and accidentally turned it off?

Is the weight of your key chain putting some strain on the ignition switch?

5. dfdsuperduty

remote, truck key, house/garage key

6. MBB

MBB Senior Member

have had this with a bad IAC unit, also can becaused by the coil opening up when hot. Loss of ground to computer sometimes

7. scholzee

scholzee Senior Member

How was the battery voltage ? all the plowing may have run the battery down some the new electronics will shut down if battery is low. I know you said it started right up and was good after that, the ride home would definetly charge the battery. Maybe if you can get it done cheap or free have it scanned for codes, the new OBDII can store codes and faults and not turn the check engine light on, if it was not serious fault and does not occur again in a certian time frame.

8. scholzee

scholzee Senior Member

9. ThisIsMe

ThisIsMe Senior Member
    from Mass

I would think that the voltage was low and shut the computer down meaning no power to the coil (or coils). Just a guess, but if you had the blower on full blast as well, even more reason to suspect. Then again one of the idiot lights would of chimed.

Could be bad gas as well. I would just keep on running it, and like the other mentioned, if it really bothers ya, take it to see if there are any codes.

10. dfdsuperduty

thanks guys for the help i think i am going to head to advance auto parts and see if they can pull some codes for me