1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

03 F150 ABS light is on

Discussion in 'Ford Trucks' started by odd1or2even, Feb 15, 2010.

1. odd1or2even

odd1or2even Senior Member

While plowing 20" on an earlier storm last week and then 24" later in the week the ABS light was coming on and then going out. Now it's staying on constantly and I don't have a clue on why that might be? The trucks' been sitting out in the sun to try to bake off any ice that might be on the brakes but sometimes the sun just doesn't cut it. Any clue what to check for before I take it to the mechanic?

2. smoore45

smoore45 Senior Member

There are three sensors, one in each front hub and one in the rear diff. With as much snow as you guys got, theres probably a good chance the rear diff sensor got packed with some snow/ice. Its on the top of the diff facing forward. You may want to try unplugging it shake out any water/ice and plug it back in(while the truck is off). If that doesn't do it, go borrow a code checker from Autozone. If it is one of the front sensors(you can check those connectors too) you may have a bad sensor or hub. Either way you'll need to get a new hub because I think the sensors are integrated.