1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

'03 F-250

Discussion in 'Ford Trucks' started by snoluvr, Sep 9, 2004.

1. snoluvr

snoluvr Senior Member
    from RI

I have an F-250 super cab. I bought the truck with the plow prep.on the lit. it shows it having a steering dampener. When I picked up the truck it was not there. The plow installer states they need to remove it in orde to put on the plow?? Anyone hear that before. I get play in the wheel and some vibration and think it would help. I bought the dampener and grade 8 bolts, but now need the bracket to mount to the tierod..anyone have theres removed??

2. Boast Enterpris

Boast Enterpris Senior Member

Never heard of this. I have a 2003 F250 & my steering dampener is still on mine. I have a Western Plow, what kind do you have? Eyesell has the same truck as mine & runs a Boss Plow,I don't know if he still has his steering dampener is on his or not? My brother bought a 2004 without offroad package & his did not come with one, but the bracket is on the truck. I guess that must be some option that FX4 gives you. Did you say it was on the truck before you had the plow installed? I can't imagine what would get in the way of it!

3. Crash935

Crash935 2000 Club Member

i have never removed a steering stabilizer from a super duty while installing a western/fischer/hiniker/blizzard or meyer.

4. snoluvr

snoluvr Senior Member
    from RI

I bought the steering dampener and hardware. Anyone know which way the shock mounts? Does the thicker reservoir end go to the outside? thanks

5. catskill

catskill Junior Member

f250

my f250 has one on it

2002 f250 superduty xlt
    8ft fisher heavy duty mm2
    2002 32 horse kubota loader and backhoe