1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

03 duramax lift with boss v

Discussion in 'Chevy Trucks' started by 09dieselguy, Jul 11, 2011.

1. 09dieselguy

09dieselguy Senior Member

looking at lifting my 03 duramax a little bit to give it a better ride and a little more useable for me. these damn trucks sit so low you cannt use them much off the pavement. id like to lift it 4 to 6 inchs and run 35s. im really shooting for a 4 inch lift but its hard to lift anything with a v plow. i am curious how many others have a lifted truck with a v plow. i have seen a few members have a lifted truck with v plows but i dont want any funny wear on the cutting edge or random other problems.

looking for pics with mostly boss plows.
  2. got-h2o

got-h2o 2000 Club Member

MVP's here, but as long as you fab/lower your mount so the a-frame is level you will never have a problem. Boss's are easy to drop b/c the center bar is separate. You can plate it down and re-drill, then just fab up the thrust arms if need be. Depending on the drop, the thrust arms may work in the stock position. Boss used to make plates strictly for this. They may still.
  3. cdahl1177

cdahl1177 Senior Member
    from NE Ohio

i have air bags on mine and a 2 inch congnito leveling kit. i run 265/75/r16. my buddy has the same truck and set up and he runs 285/75/r16 and a boss with no problem.
  4. cdahl1177

cdahl1177 Senior Member
    from NE Ohio