1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

03 Dakota Firewall hole location ?

Discussion in 'Ram Trucks' started by willys46, Dec 10, 2011.

1. willys46

willys46 Junior Member

I'm installing a 7' Boss Spot Duty plow on a 2003 Dodge Dakota.
    Instructions say to cut a 1 1/4" hole in the fire wall for the controller wires to pass
    into the cab. I didn't see any spot that looked like a good place for the hole.
    My truck is a 5 speed, V6.
    Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Art

2. 95HDRam

95HDRam Senior Member

Look beside the brake pedal. I used an existing hole in the Firewall to run my wires. I know there are at least 3 good locations along the Firewall to put wires through.

3. willys46

willys46 Junior Member

I have a manual transmission so my clutch master cylinder is in the spot next to the brake booster.
    What are the other locations?

Thanks,

Art

4. KGWDTSi

KGWDTSi Junior Member
    from ct

I cheated on my dakota. I ran my harness thru the driver fender and went thru one of the holes on the door jamb. I did not have to drill anything and the holes are far enough forward so the harness does not get pinched by the door. Mine is a manual tranny also

5. willys46

willys46 Junior Member

Great Solution. That worked very well.
    Thanks KGWDTSi.

Art

6. 95HDRam

95HDRam Senior Member

That always works too. If not I was going to say where your main engine harness comes threw there should be room to push more wires threw the same groument.

7. willys46

willys46 Junior Member

I'm all set Thanks to KGWDTSi and 95HDRam.
    Thanks to taking the time to respond to my post.
    This was my first post to this forum and I was pleased that members responded
    so quickly.

Great resource,

Art

8. 95HDRam

95HDRam Senior Member

That is what this Forum is here for is to help others when you need it. Good luck this season.

9. KGWDTSi

KGWDTSi Junior Member
    from ct

No problem. Glad that location worked for you also