1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

03 Chevy Running wierd

Discussion in 'Truck & Equipment Repair' started by mike33087, Oct 19, 2007.

1. mike33087

mike33087 Senior Member

i have an 03 chevy 2500hd reg cab 4x4 6.0

when you come to a stop the volt meter while go way down to about 10 where its normally at like 14. and this cause the truck to feel like its going to stall out, this does not happen all the time. ive replaced both batteries, fuel pressure regulator.... any ideas of what might be causing this, the dealership supposivly tested the electrical system and said that one of the batteries was junk so i changed out both but its still doing this and i want it fixed before plow season. ANYONE ideas?

2. grandview

grandview PlowSite Fanatic

Someone else here had a problem ,they put a new ground to the engine block.

3. MickiRig1

MickiRig1 PlowSite Veteran

Like he said make sure all your grounds are clean with dielectric grease put on them to protect them. You might have an idle problem too. The idle air control * may be going bad.
    It feeds air to the intake to make it idle at the right speed. With a low idle the alternator does not have enough speed to charge.

* or what ever GM calls them

4. mike33087

mike33087 Senior Member

well i think i fixed it, i took the throtle body apart and cleaned it out, runs 10 times better and idels a lot smoother