1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

03 Chevy HD won't start

Discussion in 'Chevy Trucks' started by Chet, Oct 28, 2005.

1. Chet

Chet Junior Member

03 Chevy HD extended cab won't start unless I jump it. Did this once last week and then brought it to dealer and they checked battery and altenator and they were ok. It wouldn't start again yesterday. Going back to dealer on Monday. Lugs on battery are tight. This happended back in Jan of 04 after I had truck new for 5 months but it hasn't happended since until last week. I'm sure it could be many things but any ideas?
  2. dirt digger

dirt digger Senior Member

This summer our 1993 F-250 did that. I don't know if this might be the problem with your truck seeming as its newer, but on that truck it was a bad ignition switch. Even when the key was off and out the battery was still draining. We replaced the ignition and both batterys, its been fine since.