1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

03 Chevy factory strobe switch

Discussion in 'Chevy Trucks' started by DBL, Dec 16, 2007.

1. DBL

DBL PlowSite.com Addict

where does the wire for the switch in the dash come out at?....i wasnt to wire it to hideaway strobes but cant find where it comes out at

2. calhoun

calhoun Senior Member

It is set up for a roof stobe so it ends above the headliner. It runs up the piller behind the driver (B piller i think it is called). If you toggle the switch you will hear the relay working. Pop off the plastic cover and you will see the relay. You will want the wire that goes up from the relay.

3. DBL

DBL PlowSite.com Addict

yeah i took that dash peice off and got it out but theres like 6 wires coming out

4. calhoun

calhoun Senior Member

Nothing on the dash comes off. The plastic cover over the piller behind the divers seat comes off. Mine had the relay with wires in and out in plain view. 2 wires run up the piller and into the head liner. Those are the 2 controled by the button on the dash.

5. bike5200

bike5200 Senior Member
    from Ky

In my truck the power for those wires is on a 30 Amp fuse. The Whelen 90 Watt that I installed called for a 15 Amp fuse. I change the fuse in my truck. You might want to check this out.

6. DBL

DBL PlowSite.com Addict

yeah that plastic molding piece definitely came out and that switch and can completely come out

7. Philbilly2

Philbilly2 2000 Club Member

The wires end in your headliner. More toward the drivers side than the passsengers side, just a little behind the dome light.