1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

03 chevy auto darking mirrors ?

Discussion in 'Chevy Trucks' started by dheavychevy38, Nov 22, 2009.

1. dheavychevy38

dheavychevy38 Senior Member

Hello I recently bought a 03 chevy 2500 hd and have noticed that my auto darking mirrors don't always work and Im not sure if the passenger side is supposed to auto dark also but never has. Any ideas Thanks Denny

2. Newdude

Newdude Senior Member

Driver's and rear view should be the only ones.

3. mikelawtown

mikelawtown Senior Member
    from Mass

i never even heard of side view mirrors being diming, just rear view mirror

4. dheavychevy38

I know the driver and rearview do. Where is the sensor for them ? It is very random when the work and don't work.

5. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

Yes both the inside and driver side outside rear view mirrors are both auto dimming (if it's turned on).

Does the green light on the inside rear view mirror stay illuminated when it seems that the auto dim isn't working?

6. dheavychevy38

I belive so. I will have to check and see what they do on the way homw tonight. I noticed my passenger side mirror didn't defrost this morning :realmad: