1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

03 chevy 1/2 ton mount for 7.5 std. duty?

Discussion in 'Boss Plows Discussion' started by jbwerling, Sep 23, 2006.

1. jbwerling

jbwerling Junior Member

just bought a 03 z71 and looking for a mount for my 7.5 std duty. anyone got one? tryin to stay away from buying new. Or if anyone knows the cheapest place to get one?

2. SpruceLandscape

SpruceLandscape Senior Member

I have a mount I'm selling from my 05 2500HD with wiring harness if interested. You will have to check with boss to make sure it fits the 1/2 ton truck though. Chuck in Ohio

3. john boardman

john boardman Member

If he's not interested in the harness I am. The mount as well if anyone else has one available.

John

4. john boardman

john boardman Member

Actually the mount has to be the LTA04766 for 1/2 Tons LTA04767 for 3/4 and 1 Tons. The pushbeams are the same but the support plates, angle bracket and bolt kits are different.
    Anyone have a 1/2 Ton 99' or newer RT3 undercarriage available? Sounds like at least 2 needed here. I'm also interestested in a wiring harness that fits 05' GMC Sierra 1/2T Crew w/03' 7 1/2 RT3 Blade

5. CNYFarmboy

CNYFarmboy Junior Member

I have a used mount for a chevy/gmc 1999 1/2ton newer cab. I am in Upstate NY but can ship in 3-4 boxes if need be. Not sure what it is worth, I think I even got the bolts also. Make me an offer, i am not sure what it is worth. Here are the pictures
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

6. jbwerling

jbwerling Junior Member

does the wiring from an 05HD work on a 03 1/2 ton? might be intersted in bruce landscapes. And does 99 mount work on 03? im guessn not cause of body change.

7. john boardman

john boardman Member

It's my understanding that the wiring kits are universal but the headlight kits vary greatly. I just bought a wiring harness on ebay buy it now for 125.00 new add 35.00 and you'll get the power cables and solenoids still no headlight kit but have priced these are priced anywhere from 40.00-80.00

CNY Farmboy what is the part # for your mount?

8. jbwerling

jbwerling Junior Member

I believe it is LTA04766. Its for a 1/2 ton z71, 2003.

9. john boardman

john boardman Member

10. swan

swan Junior Member

Frame Mount

Hi, I just missed a mount here locally for a 99 1500 new style body for $150. I have a mount for a 2500 2001 and my local dealer told me $325 plus my mount for a new one. Shipping will probably be between $50 and $100. I would like the mount if you haven't sold it. 715 366 4841 Thanks for your time. Fred

11. swan

swan Junior Member

plow frame

I found 2 frames yesterday and am going to pick up the closer one today. If you're still looking for one call me this evening at 715 366 4841 and I'll put you in touch with the guy just out of Chicago that has the other one. The part number for the frame you need is LTA04766. Fred That number is for the RT3 hitch. If you don't have an RT3 then that won't be the right mount.

Last edited: Feb 5, 2007
  12. jbwerling

jbwerling Junior Member

Thanks for keeping me in mind swan, but i bit the bullet last november when I had to get the plow on, and bought a new mount. It should be made of gold for as much as it costed! But thanks again for keeping me in mind.