1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

03 cc f350 fx4 good bad?

Discussion in 'Ford Trucks' started by payton, Apr 15, 2007.

1. payton

payton Senior Member

ive found an 03 cc fx4 f350 60k mileage. for around 22k. got a year of factory warranty left. and i was thinking bout buying an extended warranty. since it does have the 6.0 in it . other wise the truck is beautiful. what do you guys think?

decent deal or should i keep looking?

payton

2. DeereFarmer

DeereFarmer PlowSite Veteran

Seems like a pretty good deal to me. If money isn't a problem you might want to look for an '06 or '07 leftover. You might be able to get a brand new one for a little more. As for that one check the usual spots for rust like the inside bottom lips of the doors. It doesn't have a plow on it, right?

3. exmark1

exmark1 PlowSite.com Addict

The price seems good but keep in mind its an 03 6.0 Liter they were a problem filled motor when they first came out from what I have been told

4. Banksy

Banksy PlowSite Veteran

Pass on it Payton. I would not gamble 22k on a 2003 6 liter. Find a good 7.3 liter or like it was said, a 06 or 07 left over. Do you have to have a diesel? You could get a brand new truck with plow and no miles for 27k or so. Probably not a diesel, but still.

5. M&M Services

M&M Services Senior Member
    from midwest

Not all 03's had problems!! I have one with 60k on it and it has zero problems! My dads buddy has an 03 with 160k on it pulling a bobcat or trailer loaded with brick pretty much everyday and it has zero problems!! There are plenty or TROUBLE FREE 6.0s running around out there....Every auto maker has its problems....Look at the Duramaxes in the early years, they would over heat instantly while pulling a trailer.....But back to this truck...Have the dealer run an oasis report, or go over to the dieselgarage.com, register if you already havent and post in the oasis form and they will run it for you..that will tell you if it has been in for repair, what it was in for, and what was fixed...I would always reccomend the extended warranty, they pay for them selves....If the oasis is clean, and the truck is clean I say you can not beat it that is a heck of a price...Let us know how it goes!
    Mike

6. DeereFarmer

Like very engine, some will have issues and some won't. The 6.0 used to scare me, but after talking to a guy that runs a landscaping company with 10 of them, I'm not worried anymore. He's has nothing but good luck. The extended warranty is a must. Mine has paid for itself twice over in the first 6 months.

7. payton

payton Senior Member

i got the service records and it was clean in for minor things.
    i just got home with it.
    so i guess theres no question on if to buy it

8. DeereFarmer

Get some pics up!

9. MickiRig1

MickiRig1 PlowSite Veteran

We have 4 ambulances (E-350 SD) with the 6.0 at work they have 16 + different drivers each week. We have had very little problems with them. Mostly electrical from the ambulance conversion and heavy amp draw. They found that the transmission pig tail causes some of the transmission problems.

10. payton

payton Senior Member

11. M&M Services

M&M Services Senior Member
    from midwest

that is a clean looking truck... great purchase!!!

12. jkiser96

jkiser96 Senior Member

Hey Payton where di you get that from it looks like Burd auto. I just wondered so I can keep my eye open for a deal like that.

13. payton

payton Senior Member

it actually came outta ohio. found it on cars.com
    i refuse to say the dealers casue there complete ******* idiots. i swear.

14. DeereFarmer

Looks like a clean great truck!

15. snowman2025

snowman2025 Senior Member

nice job, i just picked up an 05 cc f-350 drw 6.0 for 26K, altho its got a few more miles on it.

that truck definitely looks sharp...what plow you puttin on it?payup

16. payton

payton Senior Member

ive got an 8'2 here now. but im gonna try and sell it with the 2500 here soon.

so if it does sell with the 2500. then ill go 9'2 boss power v xt.. big boy plow for a big boy toy errr i mean truck:)