1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

03 Avalanche Western HTS or Fisher 7'6" SD?

Discussion in 'Chevy Trucks' started by mfw1fan24, Jan 6, 2010.

1. mfw1fan24

mfw1fan24 Junior Member

Have an 03 Avalanche and looking to put a plow on it to do a few driveways
    Looking at the Western HTS and a Fisher SD both 7'6" price difference is only $100 between the 2
    Any ideas what is the better plow

2. thomas_e102

thomas_e102 Member

stay away for the HTS

I have a HTS and not happy with it at all. Go with a snow way 26. I would say more but it would just get me in a bad mood. Good luck

3. mfw1fan24

mfw1fan24 Junior Member

What are you not happy with?

4. 2COR517

2COR517 PlowSite Fanatic

Snoway with DP would be the first choice. I would buy an HT/HTS before the SD

5. thomas_e102

thomas_e102 Member

My reasons

No one knows anything about this yet and when there a problem (scrape Lock) now one knows what to do.

Scrape lock does not work

Light tower has to be taller.

spend another 800.00 and geta snow way

6. 2COR517

2COR517 PlowSite Fanatic

If your scrape lock does not work, take it back to the dealer. And if the light tower is not tall enough to see over the blade, that's a problem that your dealer needs to address for you.

7. plowinginma

plowinginma Senior Member
    from MA

Scrape lock works it just needs to be properly adjusted.. I have an avalanche 03 with a 7.5 Fisher MM1 on it..