1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

03 and up torsion bars??

Discussion in 'Chevy Trucks' started by PTSolutions, Mar 4, 2008.

1. PTSolutions

PTSolutions PlowSite.com Addict

So the owner of my dealer said he put torsion bars from a 03 silverado. He said they are stronger than the 02's is this correct?? any input?

2. ChevKid03

ChevKid03 Senior Member

don't quote me but I'd say the only reason they would be any "stronger" is because they are a year newer. I don't think they would be any different.

3. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

The bars they swapped in may have a higher weight rating, but they're not "stronger" as far as material or construction.

Also the bars wouldn't be designated as being "stronger" or "heavier" (rating wise) simply by the year. They have their own ratings that are not specific to a certain year or years of trucks. All the IFS T-bars interchange.

4. PTSolutions

PTSolutions PlowSite.com Addict

As in stronger i meant hevier duty. I dont know he said that the 03's and up have a heavier duty torsion bar. He said he put them on and held his boss 8.2 poly v. awesome.

5. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

"Heavier duty" wouldn't only be classified as '03-up. GM's had plenty of selection in their ratings on the T-bars for many years, not just '03-up.

What bars they removed and what bars they replaced them with will give you an indication as to the rate change of the bars as far as carrying capacity goes. Have to check the T-bar codes to see if and how much "heavier duty" they are from the original ones