1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

03 350. 6.0 power stroke

Discussion in 'Ford Trucks' started by Stove, Nov 18, 2008.

1. Stove

Stove Member

Noticed past couple of days my turbo is not whistling like normal:confused: Kinda sounds like a deep snake hist.... or something can any one help???

2. rob_cook2001

rob_cook2001 2000 Club Member

how is the power???

3. Stove

Stove Member

power isnt that bad, when merging on freeway is a little different than normal. Kinda smells funny also!

4. Gix1k4

Gix1k4 Senior Member

Check to see if one of your intercooler hoses hasn't blown off, or that the tanks on the ends of the intercooler haven't come apart.

5. NoFearDeere

NoFearDeere PlowSite.com Addict

And there goes your turbo...:D

6. Randy Scott

Randy Scott Senior Member

Take it in, odds are the turbo is junk. Just had our '04 replaced because it was rusty inside, yeah, rusty. I also detected a change in sound and less power. After new one was installed, it seemed like a new truck.
    Also, if an intercooler hose was off you'd have literally zero power and it would be waaaaay loud. Pulling our skidloader this summer, pedal to the mat, merging onto freeway and the intercooler hose came off, it literally sounded like an explosion. I think I tinkled a little when it happened. Exit next off ramp, tightened her back on, good to go. They do get oily and can come off at times, but you'd know it.

7. rob_cook2001

rob_cook2001 2000 Club Member

Could just be sticky turbo vanes, how many miles on the truck?