1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

03 2500HD with Boss V

Discussion in 'Chevy Trucks' started by Kollerman, Feb 24, 2009.

1. Kollerman

Kollerman Senior Member

Hey guys,

I think I found my new truck.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/e...50378920165&ssPageName=ADME:X:RTQ:MOTORS:1123

I do have a few questions I am waiting to hear back from the seller on. I called my local GM dealer and ran the VIN the seller provided. I thought it was almost too good to be true that this truck only had 39,XXX miles on it. When I called, GM said that the truck had its guage cluster replaced at 76,845 miles back in Dec. 07. Kinda fishy there. I am emailed the seller with this information and am waiting to see what he has to say.

I will let you guys know what he hast to say though. If I can get that mistake cleared up, it looks like a real nice truck! From what I can tell, it has the plow package and a set of strobes in the front and rear. It sure doesn't sag very much with the plow up either, so I am assuming it has timbrens in the front as well.

I hope it all works out, cause this has been what I have been looking for.

2. grandview

grandview PlowSite Fanatic

So it has a 110,000 on it.

3. RBRONKEMA GHTFD

RBRONKEMA GHTFD 2000 Club Member

Whats the correct mileage? Otherwise it looks like a dang sweet truck, Clean too, and a awesome price.

4. Burkartsplow

Burkartsplow PlowSite Veteran

nice truck with alot of miles on it like GV said. I had mine replaced for free last summer due to the recall, but it did not reset my current mileage. Smells fishy. How can you tell it has strobes in it. I dont see any power supply or switches.

5. Kollerman

Kollerman Senior Member

Ok guys, This is what the guy said in his reply to me about the miles.....

well i was just as suprised as you were so i did check into it. the infor they told you is not correct. this truck has spent its hole life in indiana, were i bought it from. the service records shows it being bought and serviced there. there is stuff on the record from start to the supposed cluster. the last record on file was feb06 when the fixed a heat shield on truck and at that time the truck had 20000 miles on it. when i bought it the truck had 28000 miles. i called the local gm shop and talked to them and traced the records back and some place in florida says they did the cluster work, well this truck has never been to florida and and second its kind of hard to 56000 in that amount of time. i am trying to get it cleared up but trust me this is a clean low mielage truck. thanks for bringing this to my attention

I hope this guy can clear this up, cause this is a good deal for a truck with this low of miles on it.

I will keep everyone updated on what I find out.

6. Kevin Kendrick

Kevin Kendrick Senior Member

Wierd...hope everything checks out and she winds up in your driveway!!

7. Triple L

Triple L PlowSite Fanatic
    from Canada

so what is the intention of this thread..... for everyone else to come and scoop this truck up from you after you did all this research..... You arnt trying to sell it.... I just dont understand

8. Kollerman

Kollerman Senior Member

The only way I know it has strobes on it was because he said it in the listing. I haven't looked at the truck yet because it is about 2 miles away from my house, but I plan on setting an appt up with him tonight, as long as he gives me good news about the miles.

9. Kollerman

Kollerman Senior Member

What do you mean the intention of the thread? The whole intention is that I have been looking for my first, good quality, plow truck for over a year now and I think I finally found it. I was glad that I found what I have been looking for and thought I would share it with everyone on here that has helped me so much in my search.

Why do people have to ruin posts on here all the time? I have read so many posts where one person in a bad mood just ruins the entire thread. It is too bad.

Thanks to everyone who is saying good luck to me. I appreciate your positive comments.

Last edited: Feb 24, 2009
  10. Triple L

Triple L PlowSite Fanatic
    from Canada

Hay buddy dont get me wrong, I wish you the best of luck, and im glad to hear you have learned alot of good infomation from this site... which i have to... I just couldnt figure out the point in this thread, once you've bought the truck then you can write a story about it, which is awsome, but this is like the story of a truck that I COULD OWN.... but where does the story begin and end and whats the whole purpose of the story.... I just dont see why your posting up useless info.... anyways, good luck, once you own it make sure you post up it up

11. Burkartsplow

Burkartsplow PlowSite Veteran

I think I am going to use the buy it now button. Joking....or not

12. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

The outfit that has the cluster repair contract for GM is in Florida...they didn't sent the truck down...just the cluster, as it was likey repaired under the extended cluster TSB that those year trucks are well know to have issue with.

But the mileage discrepancy would be a concern. Perhaps the cluster was programmed with the incorrect mileage at repair time and the installing tech missed that detail. But at this point it's anybodies guess.

13. KingDuramax

KingDuramax Senior Member

Thats 25,500miles a year. The time period is almost 2 years plenty of time to put 56,000 on the ticker. I'd steer clear of this truck. I've had repairs done when I was on vaca and my vehicle will show you a NY reg the whole time.

14. Kollerman

Kollerman Senior Member

Well guys, here is the latest update. I talked to the guy again last night and he swears up and down that the guage cluster in this truck has never been replaced. He knows for sure that he has not replaced it since he owned it and he does not believe there was anything saying that it had been replaced when he bought the truck.

He told me he called GM more than once yesterday and talked to them about this issue. I guess they are looking into his claim and are suppose to get back to him shortly. Hopefully they have good news and say it was their mistake and will take it off the record.

I am really torn about this and it kinda pisses me off. I really thought I had a great truck here and now there is so much running through my mind about the validity of what is being sold. I sorta feel bad for the guy selling it too, because he keeps coming back saying he knew nothing about it. Here he is trying to sell his truck and all the keeps coming up. All I have to say though is that I am glad I looked the VIN up before I contacting him. Whether this turns out to go in my favor or not, I guess I learned a lesson about doing plenty of research on a vehichle before buying it.