1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

03 2500HD...What do I need to know?

Discussion in 'Chevy Trucks' started by Antnee77, Dec 1, 2005.

1. Antnee77

Antnee77 PlowSite.com Addict
    from RI

Hey guys, I'm going to look at a 2003 GMC 2500HD D/A Reg. Cab 4X4 on Saturday. It has 105,000 miles on it and it just came back from the dealer (had all the injectors replaced and a new fuel rail). Is there anything I should look out for? Service records? Commonly replaced items? Any help would be appreciated!

2. Yaz

Yaz PlowSite.com Addict
    from NH

I would check out the dieselplace.com. You'll get a lot of valuable info on these trucks. 1000's of guys with higher millage trucks just like this that can answer this for you.

Good Luck, I love my D/A

3. spongebob

spongebob Senior Member

4. Yaz

Yaz PlowSite.com Addict
    from NH

Obviously they guy is asking because he wants usefull advice!

5. NEPSJay

NEPSJay Senior Member

do a search of the vin #. like a carfax or something. there is someone here who did one online for someone for free... i'll try to find the link.

6. Antnee77

from RI

Thanks for the help guys, I'll check out dieselplace.com right now. Here's the VIN: 1GTHK24123E156429 If anyone can do a carfax report for me, it would be greatly appreciated!

7. NEPSJay

NEPSJay Senior Member

8. PipeGuy

PipeGuy Junior Member

It's a Chevy truck. That's the biggest warning sign:D

9. NEPSJay

NEPSJay Senior Member

no its not:nono: :nono: its a gmc:D

10. 3D Lawncare

3D Lawncare Junior Member

Well I ran the VIN and there wasn't much action warranty wise. At 88,000 some thing was done with the cluster all it said was R&R or replace (same labor code) and fuel filter replaced at 97,000 part of the tsb w/ injector problems those are the only 2 warranty claims on the site. FUCCILLO CHEVROLET OF EAST GREENBUSH is where the work was done. Hope this helps.

Mark

11. Antnee77

from RI

Thanks for the help, I really appreciate it! The guy who has the truck just got finished having all the injectors replaced, along with a fuel rail due to a fuel leak. These injectors are a real fault on the Duramax so I guess that's one less thing for me to worry about for a while. Nice to know a little bit of background info before checking out the truck. Thanks again! :drinkup:

12. 3D Lawncare

From what I have seen if you keep the fuel filter changed about every 10 to 15 thousand miles it really helps with the injector problems.

13. spongebob

spongebob Senior Member

it's called levity, kind'a goes with the smilies...;)

14. BIGRED1

BIGRED1 Member

This Site Is A Great Resource

Hey guys this site is a great resource, what 3d did with the carfax is great. It just nice to see guys working together and helping out...

keep up the good work fellas

Dennis

P.S. I think I may be addicted to this goofy website...

15. 3D Lawncare

BIGRED1 I actually work for a Chevy dealer so I am able to check GM's website to see what work has been charged to a vehicle. The down side is the work has to be warranty it dosen't show anything customer pay.

16. Antnee77

from RI

Thanks for all the help guys! I went to look at the truck today as there was inclement weather on Saturday. Really a mint truck overall. I think I'm gonna go ahead and buy it.

17. rcpd34

rcpd34 Senior Member
    from MD

How much do they want for it?

18. Antnee77

from RI

$17,500

I called the guy today to place a deposit on it, and he told me that someone came in 30-45 minutes after I left yesterday and had him hold it. He then said he was going to the bank and was to purchase the truck. He said that it is probably sold now. Do you guys think he's jerking me off? I mean c'mon, what are the chances that someone will come and look at a truck in the dark on a Sunday at a dealer and want to buy it? The truck has been sitting at his place for several weeks now! If he really did sell, I will be royally pissed off! I drove 2 hrs to see that thing!! :angry: :gunsfiring:

19. rcpd34

rcpd34 Senior Member
    from MD

Can't imagine they would lie about it. They want to sell the truck right? I have an '04 I may be selling too. Gasser though...

20. Antnee77

from RI

Yeah but I've been calling this guy way too much the past couple of weeks and he knows I desperately want the truck. I figure he wants to make it look like there is buyer competition so he can demand more $$ for it. I know it sounds weird, but this whole thing is really getting to me...I really had my heart set on this truck, it's a real beauty. Add to that the $40 I had to spend on gas to get up there (over 215 miles roundtrip) and you have a grown man in a real bad mood!