1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

03 2500hd ways to stiffen front end

Discussion in 'Chevy Trucks' started by rudyk, Feb 24, 2013.

1. rudyk

rudyk Junior Member

Have a 03 2500hd crew cab diesel with a 8' hinker plow on it
    The plow hook up is onyl 3-4 inches off the ground when plow is raised.
    are their any inexpensive ways to stiffen front end to make the plow sit higher.
    I have cranked the torsion bars up a few turns already.
    Thanks for your help
  2. MikeA5150

MikeA5150 Member

Ready Lift leveling kit and front Timbren kit. Each kit is just under $200.
  3. Mr.Markus

Mr.Markus PlowSite Fanatic

Some guys tune it......that gives em a stiffy.
  4. cet

cet PlowSite Fanatic

If it's 3" off the ground it sounds like the mount wasn't put on correctly. Are there a series of holes that you can move the mount up.

I would turn the Torsion bars a few more turns and you can put Timbrens in but they are $200 or a bit more..Throw some weight behind the rear axle also, 5-600lbs.
  5. rudyk

rudyk Junior Member

Mount is up as high as it will go to clear bumper cover, as for ballast had 1200 lbs of salt behind rear wheels. Just seems a bit low plow bumps ground if its at a angle on turns.
  6. RCsLawncare

RCsLawncare Senior Member

Timbrens will help alot with squating when the plow goes up. There nice and maintance free, good upgrade for any plow truck!
  7. crazyboy

crazyboy Senior Member
    from NJ

8. ceptorman

ceptorman Senior Member
    from Indy

Probably the simplest fix.
  9. rudyk

rudyk Junior Member

where is the best place to buy a set of timbrens
  10. ceptorman

ceptorman Senior Member
    from Indy

There are a few sets for sale on here, in the equipment for sale section, towards the bottom of the page. Many are brand new. There are vendors on here also.
  11. Rainer

Rainer Member

Found my Timbrens at Amazon, free shipping and cheaper than anyplace else. Best thing I ever did to my 02 Chevy 2500HD in terms of plowing.
  12. mass1589

mass1589 Senior Member
    from mass

i love the timbrens in my truck.....makes for a bumpy ride when the plow is not on but when the x blade is lifted the front end moves maybe 1" ....maybe
  13. 2COR517

2COR517 PlowSite Fanatic

Timbrens/Sumo Springs or similar will actually increase the spring rate of the front suspension. Cranking the T-bars doesn't increase capacity or stiffen the suspension, it just gives you a higher starting point. Leveling kit is a waste of money if you can get the truck as high as you want by cranking the keys.
  14. scott3430

scott3430 PlowSite.com Addict

Another vote for Timbrens. They made a big difference in my 04 chevy when I raise the plow off the ground.
  15. Mxrider069

Mxrider069 Member

Ive got a brand new set.. Make me an offer!
  16. 04hd

04hd Senior Member
    from WI

For what year truck??? I have an 04 How much you want for them??
  17. Snow Commandor

Snow Commandor Senior Member
    from 07666

Just installed mine the other day on my 99 Dodge 2500. I can honestly say it's the best $180 I ever invested for the truck! Front end no longer sags when I lift the plow up.