1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

03 2500HD plow/light wiring problem

Discussion in 'Chevy Trucks' started by Jimini, Nov 30, 2005.

1. Jimini

Jimini Junior Member

Hi everyone, i'm new to the site, so I'm hope you can help. I installed a Boss Poly-V plow and connected the Boss wiring harness up, including 3 spliced wires - 1 for marker lights - 1 for left signal and 1 for right signal. Problem is that both the high and low beam lights on the truck come on when you flip the switch from plow to truck. It doesn't matter whether you turn the highbeams on or off, they still both stay on. Both of the light relays on the harness are both energized all the time. If you pull the low beam relay, the high beams stay on and vice versa. I haven't had the plow on the truck yet, as I have to go and pick it up still so I can't check the plow light operation. Any suggestions you plowing gurus? I appreciate the help. Thanks Jim.
  2. NEPSJay

NEPSJay Senior Member

Hi jimini! welcome to the site!!! I never had this problem but my suggestion would be double and triple check all of the wiring... sounds to me like there is a something minor wrong with the wiring... Good luck!!

JRKRACE Senior Member

Make sure the right harness was used as GM changed the electrical system on these trucks from 2002 to 2003....