1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

03 2500HD Overheating

Discussion in 'Chevy Trucks' started by MIKE'S MIRAGE, Jan 7, 2010.

MIKE'S MIRAGE Junior Member
    from CT

Hi guys
    Hope everyone had a great X-mass and new year. I'm looking for some assistance on an 03 2500HD that is overheating. I'm running an 8' Boss straight blade. The overheat only occures with the plow installed during regular driving. I have tried raising, lowering and angeling the plow with no success. As soon as the plow is removed (while driving normally), no overheating occures. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks Mike
  2. mycirus

mycirus Senior Member
    from Mass

How fast you driving? My 01 gets warm if I forget to lower the blade a little at highway speeds but once I do it drops back down. Around town I dont have any problems.
  3. tmltrans

tmltrans Member

My 04 w/ 6.0L 8' Fisher HD w/snowfoil will occasionally get hot on the road. Same issue blade usually to high, also angling it a bit more helps.
  4. Rubicon 327

Rubicon 327 Senior Member

5. bersh

bersh Senior Member

You need the latest updated HD fan clutch, should be part #15710101.

MIKE'S MIRAGE Junior Member
    from CT

Thanks for the help guys. Sounds like I need to do some fan clutch updating...
  7. CityGuy

CityGuy PlowSite Fanatic

just a thought have you had your coolant changed lately?
  8. josh1218

josh1218 Junior Member

fan cluch will do the trick just got mine replaced today 04 chevy 2500 6.0
    Last edited: Jan 7, 2010
  9. mossman381

mossman381 2000 Club Member

Have you cleaned your radiator fins. A good rinse with the hose might help.