1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

03 2500 Wanting A Plow

Discussion in 'Ram Trucks' started by THEKNEEBITER, Oct 1, 2003.

1. THEKNEEBITER

THEKNEEBITER Junior Member
    from MA.

hello,i am new to the forum. i have an 03 ram 2500 hemi with 4:10 posi ,automatic, regular cab,long bed with the plow prep package and have been looking into purchasing a plow. i am interested in a fisher 8ft with a fishstick control. is this a recomended plow and what should something like this cost installed? i live in mass. thanks.

r.jpg

2. sno-mover

sno-mover Senior Member

NICE truck , and yes an 8' fisher would work out great for you, with that truck.:waving:

3. Mike 97 SS

Mike 97 SS Banned
    from U.S.A.

Very very nice truck you have there! That new look is growing on me. A Fisher plow is a great choice, alot of guys here use them. I cant comment on a price though, but Im sure somone else here probably could. Welcome to PlowSite! Mike :waving:

4. wyldman

wyldman Member

The Fisher would work just fine.Also take a look at the new Western Pro plus.It's built like a tank.

5. CamLand

CamLand Senior Member

Nice truck,i'm picking my 3500 up next week.haven't seen many with units on them so i'll decide what to put on,my 98 2500 has 8ft western and works good.anyway when my truck arrives i'll post pix...

6. BWhite

BWhite Senior Member

3500 SRW??

Cam , 3500 single rear wheel are hard to find on the dealers lots . Nice truck Kneebiter be careful of branches and snow covered whatever bending over waiting to scratch :(

7. griffithtlc

griffithtlc Senior Member

Welcome to Plowsite. "I swear I've seen a lot of cool stuff in my life, but that (truck) is AWESOME" (say outloud with Chris Farley expression):D

8. CamLand

CamLand Senior Member

hey Bwhite,3500 single is what i'm getting took awhile to find for sure,but i'm sure it will be well worth the wait,pix coming soon...

9. JCurtis

JCurtis Banned

Kneebiter,

I was just browsing through the dodge truck forum, and I found your post. I am not a dodge fan, but my son is. As too your question about an 8' Fisher, Yes it will work!!!!!!!!!

I just installed an 8' Fisher XBLADE on my 2000 GMC 2500, and I bought the Fishstick controller.

The XBlade is the way to go in MY opinion. They come in Stainless steel ( which I opted for) and a painted Mild steel.

Figure on spending anywhere from $4,000 to maybe as high as $4,400 for one installed.

I would also install Timbrens on the front end to help out with the additional weight of the XBlade.

Here is what mine looks like

my truckplow and driveway work 026.jpg

10. JCurtis

JCurtis Banned

another view

my truckplow and driveway work 001.jpg

11. Michael F

Michael F Senior Member

Just had 8' Fisher HD, regular painted installed $ 3300 +tax. Really nice setup my father-in-law bought truck/plow he has always wanted one, used to plow where he worked(like for 20 years). I did all the negotiating for him got him a great deal, 2003 ex cab chevy 2500HD (pretty stripped) with plow $31000 +tax, before rebates. Truck came out below kelly blue book dealer cost.

12. THEKNEEBITER

from MA.

everybody i called within 20 miles keeps trying to sell me a curtis plow. what happened to all the fisher dealers? and whats the story on these curtis plows??

13. JCurtis

JCurtis Banned

Everyone I talked to says that Curtis snowplows have several design problems.

I would really do a search for a Fisher dealer in your area

Even though my last name is Curtis I assure you I am not related to the plow company.:D

Locate the Fisher engineering web page and locate a dealer near to you.

14. wyldman

wyldman Member

I've seen some Curtis plows,and they seem to be OK.My main concern would be parts availablity.If you have a good local dealer with lots of parts,then they may be worth a shot if the price is really good.

If the pricing is close to everything else,I'd go Western or Fisher,Boss,etc.Whoever has the best servicing dealer near you.

15. pats plowing

pats plowing Senior Member

Curtis is located in my home town of worcester. I still have yet to see many plows out there tho. I drove by yesterday and saw a new F350 dump with one getting installed. This was on the way to test drive a cummins. I think i have found my new truck seeing as dodge will cover a plow on a crew cab long bed.

16. gordyo

gordyo Senior Member

THEKNEEBITER,

If you would let us know what town you are from in Mass. or at least what big city you near there are guys on here spread around the state that could probably help you locate a Fisher dealer if that is the plow you want for that truck. Nice looking truck by the way!!:nod:

17. THEKNEEBITER

from MA.

thanks for all the replys. i am located in needham ma.

18. BWhite

BWhite Senior Member

Fisher

You should have a Fisher dealer near you . If not there is one in Hudson ,Ma

19. Mike 97 SS

Mike 97 SS Banned
    from U.S.A.

Go to Fishers website, www.FisherSnowplows.com, and do a search for your area. Once you are in their site, click on "Distributor Locator" and go from there. Mike :waving:

Last edited: Oct 3, 2003
  20. Rob

Rob PlowSite.com Veteran

I have a Curtis, and have run it for 3 years, no probs. If you have any questions about it or want some pics let me know.

One of the main reasons I got it is the very clean truck side mount when the plow is not on