1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

'03 2500 Hemi - Front End Questions

Discussion in 'Ram Trucks' started by EGLC, Dec 16, 2010.

1. EGLC

EGLC PlowSite.com Addict

My 2003 Dodge 2500 Hemi is making weird noises when making turns from the driver side wheel. It squeals like the brakes are bad, but only when turning. Also in 4x4 it acts up really bad when turning even the slightest. I was thinking the wheel bearing??

2. sno commander

sno commander PlowSite.com Addict
    from ct

u joints. when you make a turn how well does the wheel return to center kinda jerky?

3. dakotaskustoms

dakotaskustoms Senior Member

I just had to replace my Drivers Hub. Any large bump or turn I would hear it. I had about an 1/8" of play in it. The 4 Wheel drive did not have any affect on it, so I wold think u-joints????

Jack up the front end .. grab onto the tire at 12 and 6'oclock and rock it. You will know if its loose.

$140 or so bucks online for the whole hub and ABS connector. Took about 3hrs start to finish as I had never had to do one before. I also did a brake job since I was taking parts off anyways.

4. EGLC

EGLC PlowSite.com Addict

I will test it and let you know. Don't exactly remember. In 4x4 it fights real bad on the left wheel, even making slight turns.

5. EGLC

EGLC PlowSite.com Addict

I'm 99% sure its the U-Joint like you guys suggested! I just bought two off www.rockauto.com I'm having them over nighted and am paying $15 LESS TOTAL then NAPA wanted for ONE!!

6. sno commander

sno commander PlowSite.com Addict
    from ct

start spraying your hubs with pb blaster. hopefully somebody has been in there before and anti-siezed it.

7. EGLC

EGLC PlowSite.com Addict

I'm taking it to a local shop. I really do not need to strip something or turn a 3-4hr project into a 2 day in 15 degree weather.

8. plowguy43

plowguy43 PlowSite Fanatic

I'd still start spraying it, make it easier for the shop to work on it and not strip anything just costing you more $$$ in the long run.

9. EGLC

EGLC PlowSite.com Addict

Very true, thank you for your advice!

10. DAFFMOBILEWASH

DAFFMOBILEWASH PlowSite.com Addict

Never sieze everything !!!! Make them do it !!!! You will have to open it up again!!!! More than likely next year!!!

The bolts holding the bearing assembly will be hard comming out. The wheel bearing will even be worse. Have had mine done 2 x's in the past 70km... Insist on greasable joints.

11. EGLC

EGLC PlowSite.com Addict

I will be selling truck in spring. I bought grease-able joints. Thanx!