1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

03 2500 HD steering wheel

Discussion in 'Chevy Trucks' started by Sawdust Bob, Dec 29, 2005.

1. Sawdust Bob

Sawdust Bob Junior Member
    from Il

I have had two new steering wheels installed under warranty. The top finish comes off in flacks in places on wheel. I have a 98 99 2000 with the same wheel and have never had a problem. Has any body else had this problem?:confused:
  2. Antnee77

Antnee77 PlowSite.com Addict
    from RI

Can you explain the problem a little better? For more help, try www.dieselplace.com and do a search. There are more than enough 2500HD owners there to help you out.
  3. Sawdust Bob

Sawdust Bob Junior Member
    from Il

The steering wheel looks like the truck has 200000 miles on it. The truck has 27000 on it. The plastic coating has come off in places and it is rough.
  4. dmcenery

dmcenery Member

Steering Wheel Cover

I have a 2005 3500 srw regular cab base model work truck & one of the few things that I dislike about it is the steering wheel. I went to Auto Zone right after I bought the truck and prchased one of those leather steering wheel covers. You have to order the LS or LT interior to get the leather wrapped steering wheel. That plastic wheel is grainy and chalky and overall uncomfortable on your hands while driving. Just some thing to consider.