1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

'03 1500 4x4 long bed

Discussion in 'Chevy Trucks' started by jam583, Nov 27, 2003.

1. jam583

jam583 Junior Member

Thats what I'm driving and it's the work truck package with the snow plow prep package. I need a plow for light plowng in Virginia. All of it will be residential streets/driveways. A few questions:

1. I will have some gravel streets/driveways .. can I keep the blade raised enough to scrape the snow off without pushing gravel?

2. How much wear and tear does plowing cause? I won't be doing it much, but this is my daily driving truck so I dont' want to beat it to hell.

3. How much would a small affordable setup cost me?

PS: Sorry I posted this in here when it's in the general area as well .. just found the Chevy forum!
  2. easthavenplower

easthavenplower Senior Member

whats up it will cost about 3000-4000 dollars as far as the wear and tear just dont drive like a moran and youll be fine.good luck
  3. tovoninc

tovoninc Senior Member

Wear and tear is a per person issue rather than a snow plowing issue. Remember: #1 you are driving your own vehicle. #2 it is not a bulldozer or a tank.