1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

02 trans temp gage

Discussion in 'Chevy Trucks' started by ght1098, Feb 16, 2006.

1. ght1098

ght1098 Member

My 02 1500 Silverado didn't come with the transmission temp gage. I'm wondering if I can replace the cluster with one that has the gage, and if so, what model years would fit. Any info on this is appreciated. Thanks :help:

2. Bad Luck

Bad Luck Senior Member

Does your truck have an auto trans? If so, yes. The 01-02 cluster from an HD, Denali, or Escalade will plug right into your truck. They're expensive though, last I checked they push 2-300, and you would have to get your odometer set to the actual mileage of the truck.

I added an autometer in a single pos for about $60 beans.

There was a kit out that you could actually add the gauge to your existing cluster, I think the company was US speedo?

Check out: My chevy truck.com, Gm-trucks.com, or JPcustoms.com...for more info on this.

3. ratlover

ratlover PlowSite.com Addict
    from IL

You would also need the sender in the pan.....then get the computer to actually recognize all that.....PITA

Much easier and cheaper to get an aftermarket gauge

4. Bad Luck

Bad Luck Senior Member

From what I read I think the truck is already wired up. Just plug and play......??

5. Yaz

Yaz PlowSite.com Addict
    from NH

I heard the same thing from the guys that sell the cluster.. but when was the last time you believed what a salesmen said, and didn't check for yourself? I would confirm this with someone who actually did it before ordering one.

6. ratlover

ratlover PlowSite.com Addict
    from IL

Even if there is a sender in the pan......You would need to get the computer to recognize it I believe. Hell, you have to mess with the computer if you change power mirrors :rolleyes: Not 100% sure though....

7. ght1098

ght1098 Member

Thanks for the info. I was hoping to put in a factory cluster to keep things looking "clean", I'm kinda picky about that. However, if it is going to be a big PITA I'll just put in a nice after market. This is the kind of info that makes this site great. Thanks again guys.:drinkup: :waving: