1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

02 to 04 swap all 4 head lights stay on

Discussion in 'Fisher Engineering Discussion' started by kingmtrsprts, Nov 15, 2009.

1. kingmtrsprts

kingmtrsprts Junior Member

I have a 9 ft HD minute mount off a 02 gmc 2500hd gasser and I am putting it on a 04 gmc dually diesel. I installed the wiring and the bright and dim bulbs all come on at the same time. The iso mod is service pn F 26401
    w26387
    PN 26135 Rev 2 yellow label
    The # 3 harness is service PN 26289 rev 2
    F26361
    W26388
    The #4 harness is service PN 26288 rev 2
    F26360
    W26387

Is there something I can do to make this work or do I need parts?
    Also are the brakets the same? They look like they will work but I think there is a different part number on the fisher web site. What is the difference betwwen the two? Thanks, Erik

2. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

You need to either re-pin the headlight adapter harness's if you're capable or purchase the correct ones for the '03-up truck as the lighting systems changed from positive common back to negative common in '03, thats why you're having an issue.

3. kingmtrsprts

lights on 04

Do you know which wires and where? Thanks

4. x.system

x.system Senior Member

I had to do that to mine. Here's where I made the changes. I used a test light to dislodge the prong and the wires will come right out. Did both high and low plugs on both sides.

[​IMG]

5. kingmtrsprts

Thank you that is awsome!! Do you know if the push plates will work? I have part # 7161 ( I think)and fishers web site says I need 7169. They look like they would work to me.

6. x.system

x.system Senior Member

Thank B&B, he's one of a few that can get you fixed up quick. He helped me through it on my truck a couple weeks ago so I figured I'd take a couple pics for the next guy.

No idea on your mount but if its calling for a specific # for that truck there's a reason. Post a pic of your mounts you have now, someone will be able to tell you if they are # 7161 or not. Sell or trade your mounts for the correct ones if they don't work.

7. kingmtrsprts

OK Thanks everyone for all the help!! I will put up some pics! thanks again Erik

8. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

Good pic X...most helpful over an explanation, as they usually are. :salute:

The 7161 plates will physically bolt on but they'll put the headgear into the bumper. Really need the 7169 plates.

9. Bruce'sEx

Bruce'sEx Senior Member

Just looking at the photo, what was it you had to do, just swap the wires around to other side? had to be more then that, since the fisher harness there is made so you can just turn the plug over depending on your need. or am I just making something up I dreamt about? It plugs in either way doesn't it?

10. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

Not on all headlight harness's.

11. x.system

x.system Senior Member

After you told me about possitive common a couple weeks ago I did some searching and found this thread.

http://www.plowsite.com/showthread.php?t=35145&highlight=pink+wire

12. MRBachand

MRBachand Senior Member

Sounds like a nice mod... I'd like to do that to mine!