1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

02 Superduty Fog lights

Discussion in 'Ford Trucks' started by Dublin Plow, Dec 9, 2012.

1. Dublin Plow

Dublin Plow Member

Alrighty fellas...here's an easy one..

I have 3 Superduty trucks, 05 350, 06 250, and 09 F550 all with fog lights that can be turned on with parking/running lights, obviously go off with high-beams..

Recently purchased an 02' V10 that had been sitting for 3 years, only 40K and a large family of mice taking up residence...they have been evicted..spent days chasing wiring for cab clearance lights, interior dome lights and so on....

The problem: My 02' also has fog lights that only come on when the headlights are on, off with high beams, will not come on with the parking lamps even though the switch can be pulled (out) to activate them...

Is this the spec for pre-05' Superdutys or did the little buggers get into the switch....

Silly I know...

2. 1olddogtwo

1olddogtwo PlowSite Fanatic

I seem to remember the same with earlier models Except on my 03 wouldn't pull out in parking.

3. BPS#1

BPS#1 2000 Club Member

Sounds just like my 02 v-10. To the best of my knowledge no mice remodeling done.

4. allagashpm

allagashpm Senior Member

That's normal. Only way I can have mine on with the parking lights is to flip the switch to plow side lighting so the headlights shut off and then turn the fogs on

5. Dublin Plow

Dublin Plow Member

thanks guys..I should have clarified, this is not plow related issue..everyday driving just noticed the difference between the newer trucks and the new (old) truck...
    Funny thing is I have had this truck for 5 months...what else have I missed????

6. MickiRig1

MickiRig1 PlowSite Veteran

Not a problem. My Wife didn't know She had them on Her 08 Escape till I turned them on.
    She is like, how did you turn those lights on? Duhh, read the owners manual!

7. Antlerart06

Antlerart06 PlowSite Veteran

My 02 works with the parking lamps

8. Antlerart06

Antlerart06 PlowSite Veteran

When I order it new it came in with out them So dealer had install them Might be reason mine work off the park Lamps

9. dieselss

dieselss PlowSite Fanatic

my 03,,,,i can turn on the parking lights and pu;; out the fog lights and they wwork just fine.
    if you need the wiring schematic,,,i can txt it to you Dublin

10. 7Doc

7Doc Junior Member

My '03 works w/ parking lights.

11. Dublin Plow

Dublin Plow Member

Sounds like my switch is bad....

Dieselss..send it to me bub...browndog13@myfairpoint.net

Thanks Guys!

12. dieselss

dieselss PlowSite Fanatic

Hey Dublin,,,pm ur phone number. I can txt it to u better and clearer. If u get pic txts