1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

02 super duty front axle problems

Discussion in 'Ford Trucks' started by dieselboy01, Jun 24, 2016.

1. dieselboy01

dieselboy01 Senior Member

My 02 F250 has been acting strange lately. Driving down the road the truck will just pull hard to the left or right. Sometimes as I come out of a turn the truck will want to keep turning. I'm thinking the axle u joints are locked up.

While I was looking into this I noticed my Warn Premium hubs were not locking. I took the left side lockout apart and it looks like it exploded. The right side lockout was still in tacked, but the snap ring on the back had popped off. I put the ring back on and when I cycled the lockout in my hand the snap ring popped off again.

Any thoughts on this? What would cause the lockouts to **** out like this?

I've ran the Warn premiums on a lot of trucks and never had an issue.

2. Sawboy

Sawboy PlowSite.com Addict

Ujoints are the likely culprit

3. dieselboy01

For all the problems? Do you think the U joints caused the lockouts to shatter?

4. dieselboy01

Just to let everyone know, the problem the truck was having was the frozen front axel u joints.

Thanks for the advice!

5. Sawboy

Sawboy PlowSite.com Addict

Thanks for the close out.