1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

02 Suburban 2500 plow options

Discussion in 'Chevy Trucks' started by RMHSR, Jan 20, 2008.

1. RMHSR

RMHSR Member

I just purchased an 02 2500 Suburban that I am looking to put a plow on. Does anyone know if the frames are the same as the pickups of this year? I would tend to think that it may be the same as the 1/2 ton chevy/gmc or pre HD model 3/4 ton but don't really know for sure. I was told that you can't put a V plow on them but what would the difference be with the pre HD trucks. The Sub has 8600 GVW and so did the pre HD or 1/2 ton HD. Is the front axle rating much lower on a Suburban vs. pickup? Any help would be greatly appreciated. If not a V, I would at least like to run an 8ft straight.

2. Detroitdan

Detroitdan PlowSite.com Addict

I see one around here with a Blizzard 810 on it. I wouldn't have thought an 810 would work on anything smaller than a 2500hd, but it looks okay on that Sub. I don't see any problem with an 8 footer.

3. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

Your frame is the same as any 99-up 1500HD, 2500, 2500HD,3500 pick up.

What is the FAWR on your Sub?..If it has the 4500lb FAWR you'd have several options as far as plows, including a V

4. RMHSR

RMHSR Member

I looked and the Front axle is rated at 4180. Also this Suburban has the 8100 big block. I guess this is really going to limit my plow options.

5. William B.

William B. Senior Member
    from S.E. IA

If you watch the Boss V video on the Boss site, they have a V on a suburban

6. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

The 4180 FAWR does limit you on choices but theirs a couple brands out there that will still recommend a plow on your truck.

7. RMHSR

RMHSR Member

Thanks for the input. I am looking at an 8ft Hiniker. I am told that will work fine. Any war stories about the Hiniker?