1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

02 Silverado 3500 Install ?

Discussion in 'Boss Plows Discussion' started by MahonLawnCare, Nov 28, 2012.

1. MahonLawnCare

MahonLawnCare Senior Member
    from Ohio

Hi all, I just picked up a 9.2 V to go on my 02 Silverado 3500. I have a question, and that question is, where in the heck to you mount the solenoid, relay packs etc on there??? There is no room along the driver side fender wall with that fuse box in the way. I'm used to my Fords where I actually have room! If anyone has a similar truck and could snap a pick of the wiring inside the hood, I'd appreciate it. I know how everything hooks up, I'm just lost how to make it all fit! :dizzy::help:

2. purplehavoc

purplehavoc Member

I removed my fender brace and mounted the relays on the firewall, fit nicely there. After I reinstalled the brace I mounted the solenoid on 2 small L brackets that I bolted to the fender brace.
    Worked nice, everything in one area, relays still accessible and only 4 bolts to remove the brace if need be.

3. MahonLawnCare

from Ohio

Can you snap a pic?

4. REAPER

REAPER 2000 Club Member
    from 60050

I mounted mine on the big fuse box on Drv Side.
    The solenoid is mounted on the firewall as you can see. It is the larger Trombetta that B&B recommended so it is at least twice the size and 5x the weight of the BOSS OE solenoid and yes mounted what some would say it is upside down. I made sure to screw the relay pak into the bottom part of the fuse box into empty space and the cover comes off with no restrictions.

relays.jpg

relays.jpg

Last edited: Nov 28, 2012
  5. MahonLawnCare

from Ohio

Thanks Reaper, I finally got mine done today. I mounted the relay pack on the firewall and the solenoid below it and pinched the frame on one of the support bracket bolts for the fender support. It took me literally 6 + hours, which is pathetic to get it done and buttoned up. ANDDDDD l have one more problem, my brights are on the whole time. I have that damn 02 year chevy and I'm thinking the dual burn wire which is supposed to go on the negative terminal should go on the positive?? I have no clue. Everything else works fine though.

6. MahonLawnCare

from Ohio

Anyone........?

7. MahonLawnCare

from Ohio

i take it no one has had the bright problem.

8. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

Remove the fuse from the red/white DB wire and see if it address the issue. If it's still a no go then you have one or more of the headlamps adapters connected backward.

9. MahonLawnCare

from Ohio

The headlight adapters only fit one way? Ill try fuse. Thank u i surely appreciate it

10. MahonLawnCare

from Ohio

I took out db fuse put the headlight adapters in every possible way humany possible, still messing up. Im frustrated beyond belief just going to take it to dealer i suppose. Only chevys.

11. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

No they can be reversed 180* thus connected two ways, but only one way is right. For your truck they need to be on the "B" side.

Sounds like you don't have the paperwork for the adapters so I'll include it here.

Attached Files:

12. MahonLawnCare

from Ohio

Thank you for your help b&b. I followed the instructions and switched the adapters to "B" but it's still acting up with brights being on all the time. I do believe the previous owner of this truck had fog lights on this thing. I am thinking he shorted something out because I have done everything according to the manuals and the lights are still acting up.

13. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

Did you temporarily disable the dual burn?

14. MahonLawnCare

from Ohio

Yes, thinking perhaps I have bad headlight adapters. I am heading up to the dealer tomorrow afternoon. I will let you know what they find. I know it's nothing serious. We got the mount on the thing and everything works perfect expect the darn headlights. Thanks again for all your help. I know it's something little I overlooked.

15. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

It is possible your adapters are pinned incorrectly. It is rare but I have seen a handful over the years that were. You can check them easily though, simply make sure all the commons (orange) are in line with the black wires in the adapters. If they all are then the adapters are pinned correctly.

Assuming this a brand new plow harness but also be sure the vehicle option connector is orientated correctly. For you truck, the like colored wires should be inline.

16. MahonLawnCare

from Ohio

The problem was one of the wires on the harness was backwards somehow. All good now. Except my truck is overheating while driving with the V on. Going to throw a Hayden Severe Duty fan clutch on it, and hope it works.

Last edited: Dec 5, 2012
  17. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

Good to hear it fixed. Most likely that was with the option connector I spoke of.

18. MahonLawnCare

from Ohio

They said there was a wire that was somehow backwards. I believe it was on the adapters it goes black to black and grey to grey and I overlooked it and had black to grey on the pass. side. Now I hope the fan clutch works!