1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

02 Silverado 1500 w/ Curtis plow

Discussion in 'Equipment, Tools & Vehicle Pictures' started by Boondox, Nov 1, 2004.

1. Boondox

Boondox Senior Member

Got my new plow installed! It's a Curtis 7 1/2 foot Sno-Pro 3000. Found out the hard way it's easier to put on if the ground is flat or slightly uphill. If the truck is facing downhill it's hard to align the height.

The truck is a 1500 4x4 with 5.3L V8. Even with Timbrens, the front end dropped about an inch, so I'll add some rear ballast to even it up. Pete

2. Boast Enterpris

Boast Enterpris Senior Member

Nice looking rig! Put a few hundred pounds of ballast in the back & you will be ready to go!! :waving:
  3. PLOWMAN45

PLOWMAN45 2000 Club Member

I really like those curtis plows you will have to let us know how it performs
  4. cja1987

cja1987 PlowSite.com Addict

Nice choice, looks great!!!
  5. Eyesell

Eyesell 2000 Club Member

Welcome to plow site buddy, I love seeing new guys with plows, welcome aboard !! purplebou
  6. raptorman03

raptorman03 Senior Member

What do you mean by ballast in the back?
  7. PLOWMAN45

PLOWMAN45 2000 Club Member

wieght ie sand or salt bags
  8. rg123g

rg123g Junior Member
    from MASS

Your Curtis Plow

How do you like the Curtis plow have to had good like with it.

9. Boondox

Boondox Senior Member

Well, other than practicing mounting and dismounting I haven't had much use for it yet. We had a couple of inches of wet snow a couple of times so far, but the ground wasn't frozen yet so I just let it melt.

Let it snow!

Pete :bluebounc
  10. mdb landscaping

mdb landscaping Senior Member

i hope you have as good of luck as we have had with ours. we have (3) 9 foot curtis's and they have worked out great. ones a first gen series 1, and we have two new phase 2 curtis's. i love how they scrape and how easy it is to hitch and unhook them. good luck with yours.
  11. gkm

gkm Senior Member

Hey Boondox I'll be putting my curtis on next week. I have chey25hd putting the 7.5 plow on ( to fit in shed to make wife happy) :dizzy: Can't wait to use it. Happy turkeyday to all
  12. Lux Lawn

Lux Lawn PlowSite.com Addict

Nice looking truck and plow.