1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

02 SD w 1.5" lift and 9/6 XV

Discussion in 'Fisher Engineering Discussion' started by Dublin Plow, Dec 29, 2012.

1. Dublin Plow

Dublin Plow Member

All right guys..some else has done this

My 02 SD with a 1.5" lift and the 9/6 XV is out of adjustment..the only time the cutting edge rides completely on the surface being plowed is when the blade is straight, angled left or right. When in scoop it rides on the cutting edge outer corners and when in vee it rides on the cutting edge inners, thus not being super efficient.

The cutting edges are 3 years old but have plenty of life in them.

I have made adjustments to the plow I can think of..the rear bolt on the push frame is in the top hole...the pin on the rear of the push assembly is also in the top hole..

Fisher says change the edges when its within 1" of the bolts....really??

what else can be done??

Thanks guys

2. unhcp

unhcp PlowSite.com Addict

Is your center pin worn out?

3. Dublin Plow

Dublin Plow Member

Replaced last year......prob taking a beating so fa this year.this blade was on a different truck last year,, that truck did not sit as high...gonna change the edges, have a set...will ad 2" in blade height as the existing are more warn than thought when compared to the new set..

4. gtmustang00

gtmustang00 Senior Member
    from Berlin

Fix the issue? How tall are the push plates measuring from the center hole to the ground?

5. Dublin Plow

Dublin Plow Member

Get mustang.....will get that measurement for ya later this morning. Is there a maximum height before a "change" or an add-on kit must happen? Truck in for service, getting it this morning.. It's out of adjustment or how it sits is variable based on the plowed surface and appears to be the difference in the worn edges and the new ones but still means its that close to being too high..I suspect.
    Back at ya later..thanks.

6. RepoMan207

RepoMan207 PlowSite Fanatic
    from Maine

With a 1.5" lift...that's nothing more then a leveling kit. With the blade in straight mode, and on completely level ground, is the A Frame - T Frame, level?

7. gtmustang00

from Berlin

Someone a couple years ago told me 19" Mine is 19.5". My straight x blade I did some welding on and drilled a new hole higher up to keep the a frame level. I want a new 9'6 extreme v but don't really want to modify it like i had to this straight blade.

8. unhcp

unhcp PlowSite.com Addict

9. Dublin Plow

Dublin Plow Member

update guys:

Center hole on push plates = 20.5" +/- very little...

Rear fasteners adjusted all the way to top....

Some more personal investigation shows/reveals that coupled with worn cutting edges (not worn out) and a 1st gen poly caster pushing the ass down (hence nose up)..I am led to believe that unless there is a bolt on kit to drop the plates lower this may be the best I can get.
    I do not fill the caster unless needed..always got something in it but not typically full...

Last little thing is the slightly taller tires..shop did not have "stock" size in an "E" rated that met my needs and could be studded..

I have not put the new cutting edges on yet,this will push the blade up some...

Thats all for now.....

10. gtmustang00

from Berlin

Dublin. You will have to add metal to the 3 mounting holes and drill a 4th hole. Then use the t frame for fine adjustment. I can send you a picture of what i did to my straight blade. Similar concept for the v and that's what i plan to do when i get one.

11. Dublin Plow

Dublin Plow Member

GT...
    Send em along...

Interested in seeing the mod...

Thanks..