1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

02 ram 1500 abs and brake light on no speedo

Discussion in 'Ram Trucks' started by snowguys, Jan 25, 2012.

1. snowguys

snowguys Senior Member

hey guys i have a 02 dodge ram 1500 4.7 my abs and brake light is on also no speedo i have replaced the speed sensor on the diver side of the trans and on the rear end has anyone else had the happen to them im trying to find someone that can scan the abs module and not pay 120 at a dealer
  2. RustyRam

RustyRam Junior Member

Try Auto Zone. They do free scanning. Not sure how thorough or compitent the kid or scan will be. You may get what you pay for. You already did what I'd of tried. Of course, that dealers scan may save you $200 or more in unnesessary parts and time just hanging parts you didnt need in the first place. Check other dealers in your area too. IDK what labor rate are in your area but that would buy me 2 Hrs labor here at our dealership! Shouldn't be more that 1/2 Hrs labor for a scan. You sure its not $120 parts/labor to repair it? Check for TSB's or recalls. Check all the wiring and connections too, It may not be a bad part after all. Could be muck around one of the reluctor rings. You may not have to pay at all. It is a safety issue after all, simular thing with emissions. I've heard they cover that to 100,000 miles or 8 or 10 yrs. Good luck

DAFFMOBILEWASH PlowSite.com Addict

Have you checked the fuses??