1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

02 or 03 blizzard?

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by Matthew Bowman, Sep 21, 2003.

1. Well, I just bought a 98' Dodge 3500 w/ cummins, now its time for the plow. I've already decided on a blizzard 810 based on what I have seen and what everyone here that has used them says about them. I'm trying to decide between a 2002 model still in the box, or a 2003. The only changes are with the wing cylinders. The 02 has 2 cylinders/side and the 03 has 1. With only 1 cylinder there is less potential for problems, fewer hydraulic lines, connections etc. I know that Pelican & others have been using the 810, so have you guys had any problems with the older system that could be avoided with this new design? The 02 is only going to be a few hundred $$ less, so what do you think? I like to save $$ like everyone, but if this new design is better, or will eliminate any problems that you have had I will gladly pay the extra $$. Thanks.

2. Crash935

Crash935 2000 Club Member

go with the 03, the new design is easier to work on than the old design with two cylinders and hoses buried in the slid box

3. chtucker

chtucker Senior Member

Go with the 03 model, the simplified manifold, lift cylinder and light tower are worth it. I would expect to pay alot less for the 02 model.

Howard

4. Jerre Heyer

Jerre Heyer Senior Member

Ditto. Love to sell off the 02 I got left to someone like the last guy looking to save the $$$ but IMO buy the 03. The earliers work great but the 03 is like every other years models better than previous ones.

Jerre

5. Pelican

Pelican 2000 Club Member

The pistons in the wings in the '02 are not field servicable, if a hose blows it requires a trip to the shop and an hour or so to disassemble and reassemble for hose replacement.

I believe the hose can be replaced on the '03s much more easily.

6. Looks like I'll go with the 03. Thanks for all the feed back, I can't wait to see how well the blizzard performs.