1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

02 hd e60 diamond install questions wiring!

Discussion in 'Meyer / Diamond Products Discussion' started by jdslucky, Sep 21, 2008.

1. jdslucky

jdslucky Junior Member

hi everyone. iv been doing my best with the search and going through diagrams on meyers site.

i bought a meyers set up for late model gm at a swap meet and am in the middle of the install. this is going on an 02 2500hd 8.1

so far what iv gathered is this is a 7.5 ft diamond md2
    nite sabers
    touch pad
    quick disconnect harness
    and drl for 03+
    all the wires came in a box and seem to be all there

iv mounted the push mount and pump assm onto the truck
    started on the wiring tonight after finding and labeling all the wires i could match up in the diagrams

questions
    green and yellow wires for turn signals match to what color wires on truck
    whats the common place to mount the solenoid
    is there a good wiring diagram for the touch pad
    do i have to run a drl (i cut it out for now)

the wiring was hacked out pretty bad for the powers and grounds for the little stuff so i dont want to burn anything up putting it in. thank u J-rod

2. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

Turn signal wires on truck will be light blue (left) and dark blue (right).

Parking light wire will be brown.

Green wires on plow light modules are your turns. Yellows are your parking lights.

Mount the under hood solenoid on the underside of the driver side fender to firewall brace. Safe and out of the weather there.

Don't have to use the DRL module.

What specifically do you need for the touch pad diagram...pin-outs at the connector plug?

3. jdslucky

jdslucky Junior Member

i want to make sure that i have the wires hooked up

the orange wire looks to be a ground
    the red has a fuse so im guessing its power. does it need to be switched power?
    white goes to solenoid right?

thank you already that helps a ton

4. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

Here's the color diagram for the TP. The 12V power wire should be connected to a switched 12V source....but it should be either black or blue depending on which style TP you have....shouldn't be red so you may want to double check that your not seeing a length of added on wire.

[​IMG]

5. jdslucky

jdslucky Junior Member

you rock. thank you so much :drinkup:

6. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

Happy to help jd. Good luck with your install. :salute:

7. jdslucky

jdslucky Junior Member

plow is on and working. i cut out the drl out and wired up the lights. at night the trucks hi and low beams are both on. hi beam indicator is on, on the dash. the dimmer changes nothing. when you turn the plow lights on they seem to be on low. hi beam indicator is on, on the dash. dimmer changes nothing

any ideas?? im going to look over the trouble shooting guide on myers site... thanks again

8. jdslucky

jdslucky Junior Member

let me add

when you turn on headlights on truck both hi beam and low beam are on. after about 2 sec the high beam indicator on dash lights up. im thinking that iv got a back feed somewhere. when you flip the switch for the plow lights. the truck headlights turn out and the plow lights turn on. they look dim to me.

when i wired in the headlights. the truck has black and grey connectors. the female plow connector that the factory headlights plug into i just matched wire colors. grounded the black wires to the core support and they check good for proper ground. hope this helps

9. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

What year of truck was this plow originally on? Sounds like you have the '03-newer head light adapters and your attempting to use them on your '02. They ARE different even though the connector plugs are the same. The 99-02 head lights are neg to excite, the '03-up are pos to excite and will cause these exact issues your discovering when using the incorrect adapters.

10. jdslucky

jdslucky Junior Member

the drl is 03+ the plow came off o3 i think. i didnt know the adapters are different as well as the drl. let me run this by you and tell me what you think.

when i bypass just the low beam and keep the hi beam factory, everything works. with the exception of the hi beam on the plow lights.

do i just need to get 02 adapters? im not really worried about hi beams on the plow side. is the excite being different from year to year going to harm anything having just the low beam bypassed?

thank you so much for the info. this has been a steep learing curve lol.

11. jdslucky

jdslucky Junior Member

i found that the blue wire splits off into both hi and low beam. this is what led me to believe that only having one side bypassed would be a simple fix.

12. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

If the adapters are '03-up it wont work correctly as their different, like I mentioned. You need the '99-'02 adapters. :nod:

13. jdslucky

jdslucky Junior Member

very good. atleast that solves that. i couldnt believe that after getting the info from you that of all things that the wiring would give me the issue. since i got the whole plow set up for 600 used, its only right that there would be some problems. YOU ARE THE MAN!!!

do the correct adapters just plug into the modules?

Last edited: Sep 28, 2008
  14. jdslucky

jdslucky Junior Member

ttt for friend needing this info

15. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

You are correct, the new adapters will be plug and play. Simply disconnect the headlamp plugs and plug them right in.