1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

02 Grand-----Any Comments Opinions Etc

Discussion in 'Jeeps' started by Chrisxl64, Jun 16, 2010.

1. Chrisxl64

Chrisxl64 Senior Member
    from CT

Hey guys,

Welp, looking to replace my 97 contour that I was using as a commuter when I had my F350, After it got smacked by a suburban the insurance check was worth more than the car,, so I kept using as a commuter, now with the dump truck, I dont have a "going out" (A smashed contour or a 450 dump isnt what youd call a chick magent) car, or something thats somewhat comfy for the many road trips i make a year. Came across an 02 Grand Cherokee Special Edition, with 84,000 its got the 4.0 V6 in it. Its a little bit higher miles than I'm used to buying used, but its a verry nice truck, clean, and a good price. Are there any major issues with these that people run into down the road? I know the 4.0 is bomb proof (or so I believe had great luck with it in an old cherokee sport) but is there anything else to watch out for? Thanks Guys.

PS-They also have an 05 explorer with a couple thousand more miles, V8, but nto as optioned out as the Grand Cher, Special editon. Think thats a better choice,,,its the same price.
    Last edited: Jun 16, 2010
  2. mycirus

mycirus Senior Member
    from Mass

I had a 2000 GC Limited with the V8 and I loved it. Very comfy and nice to drive. I think they are pretty reliable. I see them with high miles for sale a lot. I think you would be happy with it.
  3. basher

basher PlowSite Fanatic
    from 19707

Had a 95 GC with the I6, good truck, noisy, towed a 19 ft cuddy cabin boat well.

Not fond of explorers, never did get he front end right, look at the suggested front tire pressures they went down year after year trying to solve the issues..
  4. Chrisxl64

Chrisxl64 Senior Member
    from CT

sounds good,,,put a deposit on it tonight,,,hopefully have it before the weekend.