1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

02 GMC 2500hd exhaust complete!

Discussion in 'Truck & Equipment Repair' started by hosenfeffer, Mar 15, 2015.

1. hosenfeffer

hosenfeffer Senior Member
    from nh

It is manifold time again and have had enough. Plan on new manifold to tail pipe. Downpipe and a few other spots on exhaust are weak or ready to go on original system. I look on summit racing and apparently there are enough options to get complicated. All I want is RELIABLE and another 100k anyway.

So not to spark arguments, but this is the internet after all ,any real world experience out there? gas motor not diesel. NH does not emissions test 3/4 ton and up.

With new truck being holy s$%^t have been doing bodywork and suspension upgrades. Engine compression is fine and tranny replaced under warranty at 90k! All in all pretty clean even w/o factoring age and mileage. At 200 now have replaced upgraded lines brakes alternators pumps and various bits. Extra performance or changing tuning is not what I am after. Have custom Black Bear performance "brain" for what I want. A better MPG is worth retuning.
  2. loyjms

loyjms Member

Coming from experience and working with my dad doing exhaust for most of the exhaust just go to your trusted parts store and get the factory pipes and muffler and what not. Any of those Dorman manifolds from summit should be fine. Just depends on how much you wan to spend. I'm going to redo mine completely with headers and use Gibson exhaust from front to back.
  3. leolkfrm

leolkfrm PlowSite.com Addict

stainless all the way!