1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

02 gmc 2500 hd

Discussion in 'Chevy Trucks' started by mike33087, Oct 14, 2006.

1. mike33087

mike33087 Senior Member

looking at an 02 gmc 2500hd extended cab, gas....8' fisher, 32,000 miles, just wondering if anyone that has this style can give me some pros and cons, what they like and how theyve held up thus far. most likely going to buy it i have a deposite on it now, but i gotta do my reasearch.. thanks guys and girls
  2. lawnmedic

lawnmedic Senior Member

Only con is if it is a long bed. It will have a huge turning radius(IMO). Had to replace an AC unit on wifes 01 Yukon(500.00 in parts) with 60,000 miles. Replaced an alternator on 01 Duramax at 102,000(bearings)

Lots of Pros, entire fleet is 98 or newer GM trucks. Some have over 175,000 miles. just standard maintenance. Nice soft ride in the summer and adjust for plow weight in winter...:)
  3. mike33087

mike33087 Senior Member

thankfully its a short bed..... how do u go about adjusting the weight
  4. jbone

jbone Senior Member

what motor??
  5. Mike,
    If you're looking at the one at Moore GMC that is tan and has the homemade bulletproof deflector on top of the plow, I know the original owner of the truck. If that's it, we can hook up with a private email and I can tell you about it.