1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

02 F550 trips circuit once its plugged in

Discussion in 'Truck & Equipment Repair' started by pats plowing, Jan 19, 2010.

1. pats plowing

pats plowing Senior Member

I just started getting this issue, that once you plug the truck in (7.3 diesel) it will trip the circuit. I use to plug this truck into this same outlet a month ago. I tried disconnecting the plows electronics and it still does the same thing.

2. black7.3

black7.3 Junior Member

What are you pluging in????? The block heater? if so your plow has nothing to do with it.

If its the block heater you plugged in and trips a breaker than its most likely a bad cord on it, try to follow the wire down to the heater, its right above the oil filter they do go bad and most dealers stock the new cord

3. pats plowing

pats plowing Senior Member

I just mentioned the plow because a headlight went out yesterday and I noticed this today. The plow stays on it for the winter. Ill check the cord tomorrow.

Thanks.