1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

02' F350 Springs

Discussion in 'Ford Trucks' started by kuhndogg, Aug 22, 2010.

1. kuhndogg

kuhndogg Junior Member

I recently put a steel flatbed on my F350 single wheel truck and it kinda sags a little bit pulling our 20' trailer. I am woundering if I can bolt on F450 springs in the rear or should I just put air shocks on. I have timbrens on all 4 wheels. I am just concerned about winter cause I have a 8' V box salter i put on the back and I'm affraid it will break something. What would you suggest?
  2. wizardsr

wizardsr PlowSite.com Addict

Air bags all the way! :)
  3. Pinky Demon

Pinky Demon PlowSite.com Addict
    from Ohio

What he said. If you are not going over your rear load capacity, just add a good airbag system.
  4. nevrnf

nevrnf Senior Member

F450 cab and chassis springs are 6-8" shorter in length than the pickup truck rear spring. What you want are 05-07 F350 DRW springs. The capacity is about #2500 more than the 99-04 DRW and #5000 more than your SRW spring. You will gain about 1" of height over the std SRW spring due to the thicker leafs. I have them on my 99 with a X code and add a leaf in thge fronnt. It is a perfect combo.