1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

02 F350 Psd

Discussion in 'Truck & Equipment Repair' started by vis, Jan 23, 2006.

1. vis

vis Senior Member
    from 4

hey guys, quick question...today i was out plowing and as i was pusing a pile down a hill, the engine suddenly turned off?

i had to stop take it out of gear and i turned the key and it fired back up....

its an automatic transmission and it diddnt feel/sound like a stall, it was as if i just turned the key off....it was fine for the whole rest of the storm...

anyone have any ideas???:confused:

2. vis

vis Senior Member
    from 4

nobody hmm~:dizzy:

3. Dirt_Werx

Dirt_Werx Senior Member
    from MASS

could you have bumped the keys in the ignition enough to shut it off by accident?

4. NoFearDeere

NoFearDeere PlowSite.com Addict

You got me unless DirtWerx is right....:confused: :confused:

5. MickiRig1

MickiRig1 PlowSite Veteran

A mechanic told me that the Cam Sensor causes that on the PSD's. Some of our squads will just cut out when you accelerate from a stop. It will start right up again.They change them and it does not do it again.
    He said the big part of the job is to make sure the O ring comes out with the part.

6. vis

vis Senior Member
    from 4

na Lol the keys were in the on position, and it shut off.

I put it in park and tried starting it and it fired right back up. Gotta get it looked at tomorrow :redbounce

7. Dieselman19

Dieselman19 Senior Member

try thedieselstop.com they have all of the answers for diesels

8. More then likely your CPS (camshaft position censor) about $75.00, 10 minute job. Good Luck

9. nevrnf

nevrnf Senior Member

Cam sensor. They are the #1 cause of this. I have replaced many of these for my customers. Do yourself a favor and buy it from an International dealer not Ford. Same sensor less money. I think Ford retail is about $180 and IH is about $100
    Look on E-bay. I have found many and if they are in the Ford bag then they are the same as buying from the dealer

10. douglasl330

douglasl330 Senior Member

Yup Like the rest say CPS- it will start to go on you slowly-- every once in a while you'll stall! then the stalls will get more frequent! I had mine stall doing 70 on the highway! It's pretty easy to change takes all of 10 minutes! Have fun!

11. dieseld

dieseld Senior Member
    from 90210

Cam Position Sensor

The cam position sensor is the answer most likely. I would keep a spare in the glove box.