1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

02 F350 non 4wd for plowing

Discussion in 'Ford Trucks' started by Shade Tree NJ, Jan 2, 2011.

1. Shade Tree NJ

Shade Tree NJ Senior Member

Looking at an 02 F350 mason dump. Great price, good looking truck just no 4wd! Curious if anyone uses one for plowing w/o the 4wd? Good, bad or just not worth putting plow on? thanks in advance
  2. DeereFarmer

DeereFarmer PlowSite Veteran

As long as you plow smart and put a good load in the dump body you should have to problems with it. Just remember that its 2WD and plow accordingly. Its a good excuse to put a sander in the back!
  3. MickiRig1

MickiRig1 PlowSite Veteran

Use the search function on the gray line above here. Search: Plowing with a 2 wheel drive
    It should have hours of reading on it. Plowing with a dump can be done. You really have to be careful with where your at and what the surface is like. You can get in DEEP do-do if you just charge into the job.
  4. fireboy6413

fireboy6413 Senior Member

I just plowed the blizzard we got, 15"+ with my 04 250 in 2 wheel the whole time, found out last min my 4wheel is not working, I just put brand new tires on it, and had 1/2 yard of washed concrete sand in the bed and it did wonder full. I was very surprised. So if you got some good set of rubber, and a good amount of weight in the bed you should be ok, just try not to get stuck in any larger berms, I did and had to shovel my way out. Other then that plowed and drove with no problem,
  5. Shade Tree NJ

Shade Tree NJ Senior Member

thanks for the info. I knew with the weight in the back I should be good, just wanted some real world opions! thanks