1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

02 f350 dually 9ft fisher upgrades

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself to the Community' started by ri-7.3, Oct 6, 2015.

1. ri-7.3

ri-7.3 Junior Member

ok i have a 02 ford f350 7.3 liter dually diesel. just purchase a 9ft fisher plow mm1. 3 plug. my truck has a 3 plug set up. n push plates and wireing i installed from another truck. used all grade 8 hardware bolts onto the frame. my question is this plow should to be big for my truck and 2nd i need some hydraulic pistons one is leaking.looking for some upgrades to do on the plow and truck side.

here some pics of the damages and repairs i would like to do and get some opinion
    only plow lights housing cracked
    plow pins (Piston left and right bent)
    plow bent a little on left upper
    has elector tape on solenoids (missing cover?)
    A frame bent upward
    would like to paint it also (thinking about POR15 on the rusty spots)?

2. dieselss

dieselss PlowSite Fanatic

You already bought said plow?
  3. ri-7.3

ri-7.3 Junior Member

also the negative stub on the pump motor loose. inside the motor part
  4. dieselss

I.hope you got a dam good deal.
  5. Defcon 5

Defcon 5 PlowSite.com Addict

Was bought or Givin to you??
  6. ri-7.3

ri-7.3 Junior Member

Bought it y does it matter
  7. dieselss

In all honesty, it wasn't a good purchase that's why. It's gunna cost a pretty penny to fix it THE RIGHT WAY.
  8. ri-7.3

ri-7.3 Junior Member

OK so anyone have any info other then working about how much I paid?
  9. dieselss

Site sponcers have all the parts you need.
    C.l. And eBay. Good enough?
  10. jhall22guitar

jhall22guitar PlowSite.com Addict

Scrap it, you could find a decent used plow for the cost of parts and time to repair this one
  11. Banksy

Banksy PlowSite Veteran

Push plate kits come with grade 5 hardware. Grade 8 is overkill and grade 5 may at least give the chance of a bolt shearing before ripping the truck's frame. This is why old school Fisher Speedcast plows used grade 2 bolts for the push beam under the head gear. Same idea as a shear pin in a blower auger.

That plow and a-frame are toast.
  12. ri-7.3

ri-7.3 Junior Member

That's good info on the hardware. I was just thinking on replacing the piston and the two pins and bending down that bent bracket where the pin goes through the piston thought it would be ok it's just a plow going to push snow for the local town
  13. TJS

TJS PlowSite.com Addict

I do see some issues with the plow but in my eyes it is not toast, but that is just me, I buy shite and turn it into shinola. Where the pins go through I do see a crack in that plate, again not a big deal if you can fabricate. The fun part is getting the pins out but nothing a plasma cutter or an OA torch cannot handle. As far as the A frame being bent (poor pics) you can get those on Craigslist/Ebay or you can bent it back with some heat but I would fishplate or box it after that. Also on craigslist or ebay are many cylinders you could get.The solenoid covers are on ebay cheap also. Also you can go to your local NAPA and get SAM parts as well. As far as grade 8 bolts go for this set up I have been running grade 8 bolts for years with no issues.
  14. Banksy

Banksy PlowSite Veteran

At least replace the A-frame and straighten out the plow side angle piston points. I ran a lift piston with pitting similar to that and it worked fine.
  15. SnoFarmer

SnoFarmer PlowSite Fanatic
    from N,E. MN

Do yourself, and your truck a favor and get rid of that plow.
    Did you get it from birds++d?
  16. abbe

abbe Senior Member
    from RI

I don't know why everyone is freaking out. Its ugly yes. Patch up the angle cylinder mounts on the plow side and repair any cracked welds. Don't waste your money or time painting it. Run it for the winter if it works and send it down the road next year when you have some more cash to throw at a pretty one.
  17. Banksy

Banksy PlowSite Veteran

He couldn't have. That plow is ALL Fisher.
  18. adksnowo

adksnowo Senior Member

FYI you may be able to purchase a cylinder rebuild kit (seals/packing/nut) for the angle cylinders. The lift ram cylinder could be cleaned up with some scothbrite pads and rebuild as well.

That thing looks like it was run hard & put away wet.
  19. cutshortlandscaping

cutshortlandscaping Senior Member

buy a second plow that is the same as that one and switch all the good parts in and out than sell one of the two plows that may be cheeper than buying all new parts and if you keep both plows you will have a parts one just in case
    just a thought
  20. SnoFarmer

SnoFarmer PlowSite Fanatic
    from N,E. MN

the steel is all fatigued,,
    The whole thing is bent, even the A-frame. The bent A-frame is effecting the cutting angle of the plow.
    with out fixing it, it will not function properly.
    what happens when he hits a curb and the whole thing folds up?

plus bent and cracked ram mounts.
    pitted rams. = a scrap pile or a summer money pit project

The the plow is is such poor shape what are the hydraulics like? first rate I'm sure

and when it falls apart mid season then what is he to do then.

ps every weld is strained.....

you can pound the ram mounts straight and weld them But the steel is already compromised.