1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

02 f350 diesel wiper fluid isnt spraying

Discussion in 'Truck & Equipment Repair' started by GVL LLC, Jan 24, 2014.

1. GVL LLC

GVL LLC Senior Member

I thought I was out of fluid so I filled the resovoir up and nothing is coming out of the nozzles? Could the nozzles be clogged? How do I take them off to clean them? How do I know if the pump is working? When I push the button in the wipers move but no fluid. Help This sucks when you have salt all over your windshield and its 10 degrees outside
  2. GVL LLC

GVL LLC Senior Member

bump anyone ever have this happen?
  3. myzx6

myzx6 Member

When u hit the switch you should hear the pump run, if there's no noise it could be a blown fuse, broken wire(usually at pump, which is at washer bottle) or a bad washer pump. If it does make noise either a broken hose or clogged nozzles although both nozzles clogging at the same time out of the blue would surprise me, unless the fluids frozen
  4. seville009

seville009 Senior Member
    from CNY

Same prob on my 2006 f350 this past summer. Just stuck a safety pin in the nozzle to clear it, and it's like brand new. Tty that before doing alot of work. Gunk must just build up in them over the years.
  5. GVL LLC

GVL LLC Senior Member

they both didnt stop at one time. ive had the truck 4 years and the left one has never worked and the right always has but just this week the right one stopped working. I am going to try and stick a pin in each one to see if that fixes it. I also wouldnt be shocked if its frozen in the lines. Im gonna check on the things you guys told me tommorow.