1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

02' F250 to 01' F350 swap harness issues

Discussion in 'Truck & Equipment Repair' started by motox, Jan 21, 2012.

1. motox

motox Junior Member

New to the forum, swapping a 2004 Western unimount plow off a 02' f250 to a 01' f350 and thought it would be a breeze..........but the harness does'nt match ........just wondering if anyone's done this swap before and if so , what do I need to complete this project
    dieselss or B & B please help !

2. dieselss

dieselss PlowSite Fanatic

what dosent match???
    is it the headlight harness you speak of??
    maybe a little more info

3. motox

motox Junior Member

yes ... Headlight harness ..plus\g is different , sorry bout the vagueness

4. motox

motox Junior Member

The op we bought from said he'd help install on new truck but split as soon as it was dropped off his.....and I was'nt payin attention to him un-wiring it n now Im sorta in the dark
    PS: been to the western site ....it looks very helpful ( posters) .also found out .it's a ULTRA MOUNT type plow ....not sure if that affects your in-put re wiring though...

THANKS FOR RESPONDING

5. dieselss

6. dieselss

yea ultra mount helps,,,then that link i put up is not for you.

7. motox

motox Junior Member

Yes .....It's got the detachable recievers so I'm pretty sure it's an " Ultra "

checked the e-bay links .....the harness he had has the BLUE connection fitting

Last edited: Jan 21, 2012
  8. dieselss

2b headlight harness 29051
    hb5 headlight harness 29050
    thats for the 3 port iso....what iso do you have?? 3 or 4

9. dieselss

10. motox

motox Junior Member

It's dark here now so in the day-light tomorrow I'll have to try n figure the puzzle out n post an update ..
    PS : I think it is a 2 plug type harness
    Again .....thanks for any help you can offer n I'll post updates tomorrow

11. dieselss

is the truck its going on now have the glass beams or the plastic "nice" looking lights?
    whats the truck package?? xl xlt lariat? that will help with the lights (for us)

12. motox

motox Junior Member

Thanks for schematic link............wish I was an engineer so I could figure this out ....... but then what would an engineer be doin plowin snow ! LOL

13. dieselss

true,,,sometimes its like wtf???? what were you thinking??? this/that makes no sence!!!

14. motox

motox Junior Member

Plastic headlights on a f350 superduty xl

15. dieselss

Ok then its the hb5 lights

16. motox

motox Junior Member

cant see the hb5 harness anywhere on the poster ( or the # 29050 )...can you link or direct me
    Thanks for everything !

17. dieselss

Not at house puter now,,just look at either quick match, or that link I posted the posters don't really go into detail

18. motox

motox Junior Member

Ok thanks ......updates tomorrow ....goodnite !

19. dieselss

It's the 29050

20. motox

motox Junior Member

Update :

Got the truck side mount bolted up and the bumper back on 2day...........whew, took longer than we thought it would.....(rookie wrenchers + drilling n grinding)......now , the wiring harness.....
    1. The lights are actually GLASS / single bulb type............ not plastic as stated earlier, so we may need the 2b headlight harness 29051 ?
    2. The op did not provide me with an "Isolation Module" ..........could he have been operating it without one ? cuz we saw it working before the purchase.