1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

'02 F250 RT2 Undercarriage Questions

Discussion in 'Boss Plows Discussion' started by toddman36, Nov 7, 2011.

1. toddman36

toddman36 Junior Member

I'm working on installing an 8'2" RT2 onto my '02 F250, but have some questions on the undercarriage that the install directions aren't real clear on.

I think I've got everything figured out except for the angled support brackets. I'm not sure if they're supposed to bolt onto the push bar like this:

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

If they do, then I'm not sure how to mount them to the frame - which is why I'm guessing they bolt onto the ends of the push bar where the bar connects with the larger vertical pieces that mount to the front of the frame/bumper hole area.

That brings me to my next problem - when they're put on the frame like I'm suspecting they're supposed to be, the holes don't line up with the holes in the frame bracket:

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Is this something to worry about? If not, I'll get the front push beam support braces mounted, mount the push bar, then bolt on the angle brackets before drilling out the existing holes on the brackets to match the ones that are already on the frame. That should keep everything square, assuming the holes in the angle brackets are incorrectly spaced from boss (as seen in pics above).

Am I on the right track here? Thanks guys!

Last edited: Nov 7, 2011
  2. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

The support braces bolt to the outside of the side plates, not on the tabs on the rear of the pushbeam as you have them shown in your first pic. And any existing frame holes often do not line up due to production tolerances in the frame or the holes were left from a previously different plow mount so don't be surprised that they don't.

3. toddman36

toddman36 Junior Member

Excellent, thats what I was thinking. Thank you sir. Thumbs Up