1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

02 F150 to 08F150 plow mount

Discussion in 'Truck & Equipment Repair' started by LTAQH, Nov 27, 2015.

1. LTAQH

LTAQH Junior Member

I have an 02 F150 Lariat that I may soon upgrade to an 08 F150 Lariat. The 02 has a western standard ultra mount plow. What I would like to do is keep my plow from the 02 and mount it to the 08 which has never had a plow. My question: Is it feasible to purchase a mount for a 08 and will my plow fit it without modifications? If it is, could I get some recommendations on who to deal with on the mount. Unless it's a real PITA I'm pretty well equipped to do the job myself.
    Any help would be appreciated.
    Thanks,
    Deke

2. Randall Ave

Randall Ave PlowSite.com Addict

Go to the Western site, hit Quickmatch, that will tell you if it will, and what you need.

3. LTAQH

LTAQH Junior Member

Thanks, Randall. For a quick intro I have been inactive on this site for several years as things have just been going year to year with no changes or problems. Somehow I got dropped off the emails so I just forgot about it until now. I'll try to get back into it to make some contributions.
    I went to the Quickmatch, but all it did was confuse me. I need to go out and check my paperwork to see exactly which plow currently I have. I recall it was called the "Standard", but need to check. Now I don't see a Standard anywhere in the Quickmatch. Probably work best to call one of the big parts dealers to have some one-on-one dialog.
    I'll update when I know something more.
    Also, Many years ago I purchased a set of Turkey Wings. Anyone remember those? Built tough and I'm still using them and the only way I'll get rid of them is when I stop plowing. Wonder if anyone ever picked up the manufacturing rights to them?
    Deke