1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

02 F-250 turn signal / reverse lights out

Discussion in 'Ford Trucks' started by Snowaway, Oct 20, 2009.

1. Snowaway

Snowaway Senior Member

So at the end of last season i was in a hurry to remove my spreader. The weather was snity and the ground was muddy. I took my wire cutters to cut the ground wire under the truck, thinking it could probably use a new connector anyway. In my haste I accidently cut the positive wire to my remote reverse lights. I took the tail light off and removed the jumper jumper wire and closed it back up.

I am not sure if this all started at this time or if I just didn't notice previously that my turn signals and reverse lights were not working. It was somewhere around this time that I noticed that I could not switch form defrost to any other setting, turn the switch and nothing happens.

Is this a bad run of luck or could some of this be related. I should also mention that my hazards are working just fine. When I switch on the turn signal it turn off the brake light on the side I switched on. I checked continuity on all the fuses under the dash and didn't find a single bad fuse, also tried swapping fuses around with no luck

Can any one help me out or give me a better place to start than taking it to the shop. Thanks for reading and have a happy snow season!!!
  2. T&M SnowMan

T&M SnowMan Senior Member

Im not sure if its the same thing, but I had an 03 F350 diesel and the right rear turn signal stopped working during the plow season. Went to replace bulb, ended up being the sockets to that side had corroded. I brought it to Ford cause it was like 15 degrees out and they replaced the sockets, actually warranty work I think...

When you cut the wires you said you cut possitive and negative...was it at the same time?..you might have arked the two wires and messed something else up