1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

02 Duramax Questions on Buildsheet

Discussion in 'Chevy Trucks' started by GSORK, Dec 18, 2005.

Does it sound like a good deal?

1. Yes

0 vote(s)
  2. O.K.Deal but no need to rush into it

3 vote(s)
  3. No!

1 vote(s)
  1. GSORK

GSORK Senior Member

I,m looking at an 0-2 2500 HD D/Max 41,000 miles Crew Cab LS short box. $25,000
    Does anyone know the codes for Plow Prep and the gear ratio.
    I will be pulling a 8500 lb Camper and would also like to hang a plow on it
    Thanks Gary
    Last edited: Dec 18, 2005
  2. parrothead

parrothead Senior Member

the 02's dont have a plow prep package with the d/max. chevy says too much weight on the front axle.
  3. TLS

TLS PlowSite.com Addict

Crew cab and Dmax = no VYU (Snowplow prep)

Gear ratio will only be 3.73:1 There were no choices.

Check it out on KBB and see what it's worth with all of its options.

See if you can get a dealer to run the VIN and see whats been done to it.
  4. rcpd34

rcpd34 Senior Member
    from MD

NONE of CC DMax trucks are available with the VYU snow plow prep. Very :realmad: frustrating. Maybe one day Chevy will give us what we ask for...

Price sounds a bit high to me. Probably worth $20-22K. Depends on the demand in your area though.
    Last edited: Dec 18, 2005
  5. Yaz

Yaz PlowSite.com Addict
    from NH

One major factor you didn't tell us is the condition? Does it look scratched up, dented and worked or is a cream puff? Perfect paint and interior? No accident records, and all the maintenance done with receipts? That goes a long way with most of us. I'll pay a lot more, as a mater of fact that's all I would ever buy used.
  6. GSORK

GSORK Senior Member

Sorry about the condition.
    Its covered W/snow on the roof but the body is straight. and looks scratch free
    Has aftermarket wheels which i dont like . Alcoa imatations and needs rubber
    Interior mint non smoker dual power seats
    1 door ding Very small
    Im going to test drive and check it out.
    Need to load it up with W/Wife+Kids 16 year old is 6'3" and i need to see if he has enough room.
  7. redhenny16

redhenny16 Senior Member

I have the basically the same truck with an 8.2 Boss V and I pull an 8500 lbs fifth wheel. Handles them both like a dream. Tell the dealer to put some different wheels and tires on it.
  8. Markystang

Markystang Junior Member

My dad has an 02 D-max crew. He pulls a 11k fifth wheel and has a Fisher 8'6" V on it(not at the same time:)). He couldn't be happier.